• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

moding out the 2011 assault to make the best back country N/A sled!

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
ok so a quick build list, should have most things dones in the the next few weeks.

Custom running bords
CMX belt drive/1" drop and 1" roll back
Wahl 8 tooth drivers
Installing a 155x15x2.4 stock polaris track. Will be doing my own version of the F-bomb Track mod, and i am going to port the track as well
Fox Evol X ski shocks
Anti Stab kit
1" bar riser
Power Addiction head/power commander/pipe combo
Polaris teather cord
And probubly a mix of clutching advise from fastrax, power addiction, and CMX.

Future mods that i would ike to get done but am having no luck would be Installing an Ez-ryde rear skid, and a boss nitrous system.

Realisticaly, i think this sled will be putting down around 170 hp give or take a bit. That added in with the fact i KNOW from experience how well hte ez-ryde works, how well that track hooks up, and how much resistance should be taken off by the belt drive and the drop/roll, i honestly think my sled will be a VERY hard to beat sled. Fast, light, and fun. I will have pics with in the week of the new parts, and i am ordering a go pro HD 2 so i will try and get a side by side race of my sled vs a stock pro. Should be interesting!

attachment.php

stuck.jpg

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
if you can keep up? lol. I want this sled more to be a realy fun sled for jumping mostly. If i can get it to hold up too the abuse, maybe i will make josh build me a turbo this summer. :face-icon-small-win

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i think it will be way fun for a good reliable and very capable NA sled without getting to wild and having to worry bouts it!

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I did not make thease. They were maid by a friend who is thinking of starting a comapny. All i can say is that they are stronger and lighter than almost any bord you could build. If anyone wants a set, let me know!

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I did not make thease. They were maid by a friend who is thinking of starting a comapny. All i can say is that they are stronger and lighter than almost any bord you could build. If anyone wants a set, let me know!

What does he take to make a set?

Premium Features