• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I collect vintage boards. looking for more...

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
hi guys. just wanted to put the word out that if you have an old pro model snowboard from the 90's that you don't want, check my snowboard wishlist to see if its one of the ones i'm looking for, and contact me.

i've got 36 boards in my collection right now, and i'm looking for about 10 more specific models. they are:

atlantis ingemar backman
barfoot jon boyer (guy swinging a big hammer graphic)
lib tech 1st year jamie lynn boards (need the octopus and cat boards)
joyride flowerpot, eldorado, and gabe crane
lib tech matt cummins bmx graphic
shorty's devun walsh
forum peter line fear and loathing graphic
caution snowboards 143cm street model
skull skates subway graphic

i'd also consider buying doubles of some of the boards i already have, so take a look at what i've got and if you recognize one that you have, let me know. i'd also be willing to trade some of these for some of the boards i don't have yet, so don't be afraid to ask if you see one you like.

thanks guys.

ghost.jpg

Cool stuff. I still got a 94 168 Morrow Longboard; know as the Matt Goodwill around here in the Northwest....I'm keeping it. I used to have a 164 Lamar Makepeace, a yellow one; real nice board: Man I wish I still had that one. Also had a 95/96 156 Burton Iguchi at one time too...... just reminising here...:face-icon-small-dis

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Nice collection. I collect as well but stopped actively searching and buying decks about 5 years ago or so. I ran out of room to display them and once collecting hit mainstream I was finding it a lot harder to pick up boards at garage sales and thrift shops. My goal was to collect every board I personally rode since I began snowboarding, I've got all but three, and have pretty much given up on the quest for those. Boards are too expensive now and I got sled stuff to buy. :rockon:

I had that Lib Cummins BMX board, traded if for this beauty:

xteam_snobrdcollection5.jpg

Dude I traded it to is a personal friend of mine, I'll see if there is anything he's looking for and might be interested in a trade. I seriously doubt it though.

Shot of a couple of my boards:

xteam_snobrdcollection1.jpg

Only thing I'm looking for anymore:

1985/86 Barfoot 151/161 Twin Wood top sheet
1996/97 Lamar Jay Nelson

Good luck on your quest!

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
damn, your lib's are sweet. love the cummins tree topsheet boards. just missed out on one recently. guy changed his mind at the last second.

funny how lib did so many different color schemes and graphic combos. or in some cases no color, like your pool skater cummins. i'm still looking for that radical rick cummins. i'm down to about 6 boards left to find.
looking for the jamie lynn octopus, rad rick, shorty's devun walsh, atlantis ingemar backman, joyride flowerpot, and a caution street. probably a few others i'd take, but these are the last ones that i really want in my collection.

the barfoot i've got is close to what you're looking for, but no cigar eh? mines the freestyle. it's got wooden sidewalls. i've seen a couple of those twin tip models during my searches. if i remember the next time i see one, i'll send the link. same with the jay nelson. haven't seen his yet, but i've seen a few other pro models from that era come along. just a matter of time.

M
Nov 13, 2008
Burton

Doo any of you guys have the early Burton prototype boards? Mine is from the middle 80's, says prototype on it and has a grab leash on the front to hold onto :) What are they worth?

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Doo any of you guys have the early Burton prototype boards? Mine is from the middle 80's, says prototype on it and has a grab leash on the front to hold onto :) What are they worth?

Something like this?
museum20.jpg

They go for $1-2k depending on condition on eBay. Probably your best bet if you are trying to milk some coin out of it.

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
not the same cat i was looking for. i actually found the one i was looking for, and paid less than half of what that guy is asking.

all i need is the octopus board now, and i'll have all 4 of jamie lynn's 1st year pro models.

B
Sep 30, 2012
Salt Lake
Nice to see the boards that bring back memories. Unfortunately like many others I parted with my collection about 5 years ago. 90% of those board are on display at Salty Peaks in Salt Lake City. I'm down to about 10 boards that I just can't part with due to sentimental value.

I am actively looking for a board that I never should have let go. It was a "86" Barfoot Freestyle 151 with the blunt nose and and the round tail. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Premium Features