• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First day out 1100 turbo

D

Dirty10

Nov 26, 2007
LaGrande, OR
First I must say WOW much better then I expected!! I came off a 09 1000 with 43in front end and Cutler turbo.. So I know what's its like to fight something on a side hill. Not much snow but its my opinion that's it doesn't feel as heavy as my 09 1000, for out of the box all stock set up its very impressive. SMOOTH ride!
Not at all impressed with a few little things like came custom with a 3in scratch near the rear tail light on the tunnel, left hand warmer doesn't work on high, thumb warmer doesn't work on high, where hood latched in front of seat a screw was missing and as I unloaded it from the trailer I found 2 screw head both torgue style. If any of you are still waiting to ride your you are in for a treat.

U

Unklsnomobile

Nov 30, 2007
fuel guage

Don't trust the fuel guage. Second ride out, I put on 75 miles. Was on empty already at 60 miles. Only took 25 litres, and we were pushing fresh stuff half the time. Next trip was 85 miles, also pushing some fresh stuff. Used 30 litres. Last trip was 100 miles, and still never ran out. If I'm on flat ground for a long time the guage will read close, but if you climb even a slight hill it will read very low. It seems to take a long time to correct itself

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
My first ride out also.

I too am very happy with my 1100 turbo. I wasn't scared to put it in places I would my M8. We rode 69 miles and the gauge read two bars when we got back to the parking lot. It took 7.8 gal to fill it back up so I'm happy with the MPG. The snow was ok with 8 inches of fresh on three to four foot base. I think it will go 100 miles pretty easy on these snow conditions. I wasn't near as spent as I would have been on my M8. This chassis rides and handles very nice. Your right the stock set up is impressive.

I had a back fire when I took off after a break. I started the sled while I got ready. I took off slow and hit the throttle and it back fired and sputtered a bit then cleaned up and never happened again. Not sure why that happened but hope its nothing serious.

I found a torks head screw in my clutch side belly pan also. I'm headed back out today for some more huge grin, giggling fun.

T
Oct 15, 2008
Kamloops BC Canada
I own both an m800 sp and a black m1100t and I must say the 800 isnt getting many miles. Each time I go out the gas milage seems to be getting better. Last ride was 86 miles on 30 litres. 86/30 times 41 L = 117 miles. Pretty increadable.

Premium Features