• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 cat motor in skidoo rev

E

extremsledder

Nov 26, 2007
quesnel b.c.
so i have a moutain cat 900 that now needs a track bulkhead and chain case after a bearing when of the guy who owned if befor me and i am thinking that the motor would work well in a lightened and strenghted up rev any info ? or opinions ?

J
May 8, 2009
Beels (member here) had a cat BB in a rev, as well as a few others. Do a search for his username and you should find some info. I am currently putting a Mtn Cat 800 into my Rev.

Doo it!!

J
May 8, 2009
Also, Power Addiction (1200psi) makes a billet motor plate to do this swap, as the Cat engine needs to sit a little higher. Steering post mods will be required, as well as fitting a pipe. I heard of someone using an Aaen single pipe for the rev 800, but I have no idea how well it ran for them.

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
I have all the 900 cat parts to put your cat back together!
Iam parting out an 03 ER 900mc 151
Bulkhead
Mag. Chain case
Jackshaft
151 notched track

E

extremsledder

Nov 26, 2007
quesnel b.c.
well it turns out my brother inlaw is just guna buy the 900 from me as i am just guna buy a 2012 hrc 800 and do soem work to it instead

J
May 8, 2009
Too bad, I was hoping to see someone else do this swap.

If anyone has any info on running the Aaen pipe (or any other good info, belt choice, etc.) please pm me. I'm about to chop up my D&D pipe.

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
Too bad, I was hoping to see someone else do this swap.

If anyone has any info on running the Aaen pipe (or any other good info, belt choice, etc.) please pm me. I'm about to chop up my D&D pipe.
Once my arm heals i have a rev getting a 900cat motor and 66 turbo all set up with motor plate. will post some picts during.

J
May 8, 2009
Once my arm heals i have a rev getting a 900cat motor and 66 turbo all set up with motor plate. will post some picts during.

Will you be using the Power Addiction plate, or making your own? Curious how much higher it is than the stock rev plate.

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
Will you be using the Power Addiction plate, or making your own? Curious how much higher it is than the stock rev plate.
Stock plate with 1/4" on top. Being a efi and no float bowls it can sit a bit lower than a carbed version. The sled is a Mountain Magic custom build that had a 1160 in it and i bought it as a compete roller.

J
May 8, 2009
Yeah, I should have bought an efi motor....for more reasons that fitment, but oh well. I may try and mill some new intakes to angle my carbs up a bit, otherwise the motor has to come up too much for my liking.

Premium Features