• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else having reverse problems m1100?

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
A friends sled on the second ride 2012 m1100 turbo is clunking bad when letting off the throttle. Then it started beeping like it was trying to go into reverse after turning out of a climb. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Ok here was my issue, my 1100T Pro-Climb 50th would beep as in reverse when you cycled the key to start. Along with the beeping reverse sound the (R) on the dash would light up. Crazy thing was the sled would start and continue to beep with the light on. The whole time the sled would actually be in forward. If I would hit the reverse button it would stop beeping and the light would go out and continue to stay in forward. Dealer looked at all the connections found nothing, and Cat had not got back to them in a day and a half. They then removed what was described to me as the (servo sensor magnet I think??) from another 1100T and placed it on my sled and it then performed correctly. They then put the bad part from my sled on the sled they took the part off and it worked too. Believe it or not! I have no idea why. When I asked why it would work on the other sled I was told well "It does not suprise me" the tolerences that the sensor detects could of been different from one sled to the next. :face-icon-small-sho

Last edited:

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
We are riding Trout Lake, BC right now and wanted to ride tomorrow. We found the peep hole and it looks like metallic paint or a pile of shavings. Sounds like it's back to the dealer. Too bad, it's a great sled other than that.

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Keep us updated! what is his Vin? Curious, a dealer over on Hardcore sledder has the vin ranges for what updates are needed for what unit. I'm curious if he has an early build. Mine shows no internal Chaincase updates for the recently released service bulletins from Cat.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Service bulletins loaded on cattracker but affected vins were not showing today. I know we have units that need certain updates but they show nothing needed on cattracker yet.

Anyone who has had M1100T for any significant length time willl need chaincase and air filter 90 degree elbow updated. Don't know for sure but like many our last shipment which arrived a couple days ago had sleds built two days ago and sleds built several weeks ago. I think they may have held and fixed prior to shipping.

Last edited:

beturbo

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
mine did the same thing. Dealer put the update in and still the same found that my drive belt needed to be tighter, sound funny but it works. My belt was way to loose. Just some thing to check, doesn't sound like it would mean anything but check your belt.

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Strange there are vin range numbers over on Hardcore Sledder and my dealer told me I needed just the elbow and idler wheel update. My build date was Novemember 10th

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Service bulletins loaded on cattracker but affected vins were not showing today. I know we have units that need certain updates but they show nothing needed on cattracker yet.

Anyone who has had M1100T for any significant length time willl need chaincase and air filter 90 degree elbow updated. Don't know for sure but like many our last shipment which arrived a couple days ago had sleds built two days ago and sleds built several weeks ago. I think they may have held and fixed prior to shipping.

Running VIN numbers today and the required updates for each sled are showing now. So much for the theory of the ones that just arrived with month old build dates being fixed at the factory. I ran the VIN on two units received on Tuesday one built mid November and one built on Dec 7th. The earlier build needs chaincase and elbow update the Dec 7th build needs no updates

Premium Features