• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ECU code 25?

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Which means what? Got my 1100T Pro-Climb home tonight the reverse is doing some goofy stuff. I get the wrench light and the dash flashes ECU 25 which I got to believe is a reverse issue? I know this has been talked about, what was the fix or adjustment? If I hit the reverse button several times the wrench light will go off and the code will stop flashing and operate correct. Hmm a Novemeber 10th build too.

Crazy thing is the sled at times when cycling the key to start will start beeping and the (R) reverse light will come on before starting. It will start while still beeping and run. The sled is not actually in reverse though it moves forward. It will correct itself if you shut the sled off then recycle the key again. Seems messed up to me

Last edited:
I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Ride it a bit before you write the reverse off. I had similar issues on a Nov 4th build date, but once I put some miles on it, doing reverses every so often, it seems to work fine.

ECU 25 is a failure to shift. I'd suggest picking the back of the sled up and dropping it, then trying again. That will give the chaincase a bit of a nudge, and hopefully jostle it into the right alignment.

It's pretty ****ty that you have to do this, but I can honestly say that after a few miles it is 10X better than a Yamaha phazer that I rode.

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Mine did the same, fuse looked good but replaced and made sure it was seated plus pushed up wires on the fuse box and now works fine.

Premium Features