• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb 1100t first trip

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
I am not going to make this a long review. Mods DIY straight pipe, opened second air box vent, 3 inch challenger, lite battery.

Sled is heavy but very well balanced, power is insane very smooth and manageable, any semi normal 8's forget it, was toe to toe with 2 heavily modded sleds in our group one is an 860 xp and second a etec on 7lbs boost. Trees no conclusions yet as it was hero snow. I will be getting the narrow a-arms, cat should have it these on from the get go 40 is too wide IMO.

If you are on the fence on your still not arrived snowcheck, it's worth the wait this sled really is a factory built warranted game changer.

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
I have to agree it is for sure the sled to best this year, and it is heavy but should be easy to get her down to a manageable weight, i didnt open the other vent up but will this week i think it needs the extra airflow, i have a D&D big barker 2 and when i was climbing or on a straight stretch and tried to build boost the motor would bog and i would have to feather the trottle, ran 94 octane so ill try 91 next ride to see if it the gas and drill out the intake hopefully it stops that problem. as for the smaller a-arms im going to wait till there is some more snow and see how she does in pow...

A
Nov 12, 2009
I'm new to the 4 stroke turbo world so i apologize if my questions sound stupid but why would cat not open the second vent out of the box? Is it possible to harm the engine by opening it up? How did you get the 3" to fit (changed drivers, drop and roll)? Thanks in advance.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I'm new to the 4 stroke turbo world so i apologize if my questions sound stupid but why would cat not open the second vent out of the box? Is it possible to harm the engine by opening it up? How did you get the 3" to fit (changed drivers, drop and roll)? Thanks in advance.

It seems as though it is probally likely that it was not opened up due to noise from the BOV. Not really sure though. In a perfect world with no snow on the right side intake only one side is sufficent airflow but in powder you can double your intake surface area and help ease the Choking from powder on the intake mesh.

C
Feb 12, 2009
Hugo, MN
It seems as though it is probally likely that it was not opened up due to noise from the BOV. Not really sure though. In a perfect world with no snow on the right side intake only one side is sufficent airflow but in powder you can double your intake surface area and help ease the Choking from powder on the intake mesh.

How hard is it to open up the second side air intake?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
How hard is it to open up the second side air intake?

I pulled the hood off. . Pulled the top mesh out on the left side. . . It pops out the top. Then I used a 1.5" wood spade bit and drilled it out. . . The dia of the hole is likely more like 2 inches but I chose to only go 1.5 in case the verdict comes out that it has to be closed for some reason then I could cut a round pc of plastic or aluminum and drop it in with some glue from the top to seal the hole shut again. Also just take some compressed air and blow out all the plastic shavings and your good to go. Another method would be with a hole saw and you could likely go to the full 2" but like I said I did mine the one way for a reason. I also pulled the BOV hose back to the intake turned the outlet of the BOV downwards and then capped the intake nipple. I can hear the BOV but it is not as loud as what I have heard on others this year in Youtube videos. So i know it is working it just doesnt have a megaphone effect back to the driver. I feel as though I am not losing any measureable amount of performance by doing this as the air coming from the BOV could be 100+ at any point and so then the turbo takes 100+ air and heats it alot again and the intercooler has to try to cool it. . . I guess we will see. I strongly question why if it was so much better why the yamaha, cat, ski doo, polaris turbo companies are not using a divertor valve rather than just venting to atmosphere. If the gains are there they would be as well. The reason cat had to vent back to the intake is EPA. Cars have to be vented back to intake as well from factory.

C
Feb 12, 2009
Hugo, MN
I pulled the hood off. . Pulled the top mesh out on the left side. . . It pops out the top. Then I used a 1.5" wood spade bit and drilled it out. . . The dia of the hole is likely more like 2 inches but I chose to only go 1.5 in case the verdict comes out that it has to be closed for some reason then I could cut a round pc of plastic or aluminum and drop it in with some glue from the top to seal the hole shut again. Also just take some compressed air and blow out all the plastic shavings and your good to go. Another method would be with a hole saw and you could likely go to the full 2" but like I said I did mine the one way for a reason. I also pulled the BOV hose back to the intake turned the outlet of the BOV downwards and then capped the intake nipple. I can hear the BOV but it is not as loud as what I have heard on others this year in Youtube videos. So i know it is working it just doesnt have a megaphone effect back to the driver. I feel as though I am not losing any measureable amount of performance by doing this as the air coming from the BOV could be 100+ at any point and so then the turbo takes 100+ air and heats it alot again and the intercooler has to try to cool it. . . I guess we will see. I strongly question why if it was so much better why the yamaha, cat, ski doo, polaris turbo companies are not using a divertor valve rather than just venting to atmosphere. If the gains are there they would be as well. The reason cat had to vent back to the intake is EPA. Cars have to be vented back to intake as well from factory.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Premium Features