• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T Muffler

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So it seems as though the verdict is definately out on the muffler being the way to go to make cheap hp and cut weight. But should we let it rev or clutch back to stock rpm? What will put the power to the ground nicer.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
TD Muffler I have coming is not suppose to need reclutching, that coming from Ben's (TD head cheese) comments on HCS. ya got enough wax on that new sled yet? :face-icon-small-hap

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
TD Muffler I have coming is not suppose to need reclutching, that coming from Ben's (TD head cheese) comments on HCS. ya got enough wax on that new sled yet? :face-icon-small-hap

I got some dirty miles on it last weekend and then I got the stomach flu this week so I have had a dirty sled sitting in the garage. . . But I did manage to get a few coats of wax on it before the first ride. . . .

I know we don't need to clutch down but It would make more sense that if the muff can make the same hp at 7800 rpm as at 8200 that the torque would be higher at 7800. . . And torque is what we are going to love about this sled.

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
Turbo i have the D&D big barker 2 for a can and its sounds sick, i think its super quite but my neighbours disagree i unloaded my sled at 830pm and they were all running out side freaking out that i cant be doing that at 830. all I could think while she was yelling was hmm wait till i fire up the M8 ahah.

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
no i havent, i just ripped up to my dealer last night to pick it up planing on going this weekend but its like a highway right now so not the best conditions.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Wow all the room in there without that suitcase looks like a good place for a spare belt and a mini bar!! sound clips?... please

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
if i make it out tomorrow ill post some. my buddy has a KTM 450 with the 540 kit and this sled sounds just like his bike but with a turbo

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
My muff that I cut down 3 inches. . . Should be decently quiet but save a ton of weight and flow pretty decent yet. it is 2in ID all straight through. But has 15 inchs of muffling. O yeah if you can't really see it but it is 2.8lbs. Not bad. . . need to add a small bracket and the mandrel bend to it and it should be under 5lbs complete. I love carbon fiber. . .

Premium Features