• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

backcountrysnowbikes vid.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Backcountry have you ran a cr500 or kx500 with one of these kits? These old big bores seem to me like they would be the ticket. They are really light even for their time and have tons of power. I haven't really heard anybody compare a big bore two stroke to the latest and greatest 450. If you compare the hp and torque between the two the two strokes dominate on paper. I am leaning this way but would like to here from some people who have tried it before I buy one.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Ok well we always have turbos!

This is what I was thinking too. I spent some time with Boondocker on the phone and a YZ450 bolt on is currently in R&D. I would think this would be the preferred route over a heavier, larger motor.

Preferred, however, does not mean cheaper. Who knows what thing this will end up costing. All I know is I want one already.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
This is what I was thinking too. I spent some time with Boondocker on the phone and a YZ450 bolt on is currently in R&D. I would think this would be the preferred route over a heavier, larger motor.

Preferred, however, does not mean cheaper. Who knows what thing this will end up costing. All I know is I want one already.

o dang...a turbo for my yz450, did all of the stars just align perfectly for me or what?:face-icon-small-win

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
that is a kx500 in the video I'm sure. . I know the kx500 destroys 450s on dirt dragrace once it hooks up. I do plan to sell my 98 kx500 for around 2k if anyone is interested.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Looks like you guys had fun Travis.
Ive blown the bottoms out of so many tech 8s by starting Cr500's
I just couldn't imagine dealing with that in the snow.I would be wore out before my ride.. But then I'm getting old and fat, so Ill leave that to you younger guys..:face-icon-small-hap I want that magic button.

B

backcountrysnowbikes

Nov 12, 2011
Orting Washington
Looks like you guys had fun Travis.
Ive blown the bottoms out of so many tech 8s by starting Cr500's
I just couldn't imagine dealing with that in the snow.I would be wore out before my ride.. But then I'm getting old and fat, so Ill leave that to you younger guys..:face-icon-small-hap I want that magic button.

the button is nice husaberg 650 all the way.
did you ever get a kit darryl

B

backcountrysnowbikes

Nov 12, 2011
Orting Washington
Backcountry have you ran a cr500 or kx500 with one of these kits? These old big bores seem to me like they would be the ticket. They are really light even for their time and have tons of power. I haven't really heard anybody compare a big bore two stroke to the latest and greatest 450. If you compare the hp and torque between the two the two strokes dominate on paper. I am leaning this way but would like to here from some people who have tried it before I buy one.

this is the bike in the vid.
if you have any questions give me a call
check out out website my number is there.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
this is the bike in the vid.
if you have any questions give me a call
check out out website my number is there.

I couldn't tell if it was a two stroke in the video but it was obvious that the KTM was lacking compared to it. Makes me want one even more. As far as starting a 500 I agree they are a biatch but you can fit them with a decomp and resolve that issue. Any body who has rode a cr500 knows they are not fun to ride in the dirt but a snobike kit maybe their calling. Watching those video's is getting me pretty excited to hit the snow on one ski. This is the first season that I am not even excited to take my sled out.

Premium Features