• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking to sled ski

C

chads

Dec 3, 2007
Stoughton, WI
I am looking to find a couple guys that like to sled ski. I don't have any friends that like to do both. I am from Wisconsin and will be heading out West several times this winter. I don't care where I would go just as long as there is plenty of powder. I would prefer Colorado or Wyoming as they are the closest to Wisconsin.
I have plenty experience in both and have attended several avalanche clinics.

Please contact me at ChadStrutzel@aol.com

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Chad,
Check out this place. Vagabond Ranch in Colorado. www.vrhuts.com. Send me an email and I'll let you know of some good places in Colorado. Also let me know when you'll be in the area and I can show you a spot or two. Mike Duffy

snokaw

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
www.mhallmtbsnow.blogspot.com
Hey snowww1,
Thanks for the info. I was up in that area 3 years ago in Dec., was getting some riding in on my new Dragon. Spent some time in Walden talking to an old guy who groomed the trails out of Gould. He told me to try the area. It was early season so I couldn't venture off the trails too far, but I saw a moose in the Aspens and ski tracks, coming down from up higher on the mountain. I saw a couple of huts on the north side.

I've wanted to go back and do a sledboard trip in that area... maybe this year.

I'm looking at doing a sled trip in a week or so, maybe to Buff Pass or the Snowies, wherever the snow is happening.

Mike

Premium Features