• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Redline Revolt info?

L
Jan 26, 2010
N. IL.
I just bought a Redline 3 weeks ago and went on the Redline R.O.C. website. Some guy named Rick advertises he's got info on these things. Can he still be reached or has that ship sailed? I wanna ride this thing, but would like to do some preventative mods to avoid any needless breakdowns. Anybody out there own one of these things? Just fishing for info, thanks.

DSC00475.jpg

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Where the heck did you find that thing? And are you actually going to ride it?
Those are practically a collectors item. The most hyped sled that never was.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

P

pedak07

Nov 28, 2007
It is like a unicorn.....I rode one a few years back, a friend of mine owns a dealership up here in Alaska. Big Lake Powersports Southport marina, they had the rights to them and last I knew had a few lying around. My buddy is a killer mechanic so if anyone can tell you about them it is him, hope this helps!

L
Jan 26, 2010
N. IL.
It is like a unicorn.....I rode one a few years back, a friend of mine owns a dealership up here in Alaska. Big Lake Powersports Southport marina, they had the rights to them and last I knew had a few lying around. My buddy is a killer mechanic so if anyone can tell you about them it is him, hope this helps!
Any Email addresses available for making contact? Could you check with them/him to see if it would be ok? Mine has only 10 miles on it and looks brand new. I would like to prevent any problems before I ride it. Mine came from Michigan and is complete.

DSC00477.jpg

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Awesome!!! Those sleds were way ahead of their time!!

D

Double A

Nov 27, 2007
Central Washington
Bob Hueppchen from Plymouth Wisconsin supposedly bought the remaining inventory of parts when redline went bankrupt. That was in a old snowgoer mag.

Maybe check the fuel lines for melting issue due to pipe routing?? I read that somewhere.

Very cool sled. The picture of the tube chassis on that ROC website is sweet.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Wow lots of issues posted on that site. Front shock issues, burns up reads, air box seals go bad, pistons are junk, Says the seat needs to be moved up and a heat shield needs to be made for the exhaust or it will melt the seat. Says use a f7 or f8 pipe instead of the stock unit. Similar HP to a 600 114 HP at 7000 RPM's and 85 ft/lbs pr torque.. at 530 Lbs.

Says the stock rear suspension has too much drag and the sled worked much better with a Holz suspension.

I remember when they were building these, we were slated to powder coat some chassis parts for them. Never saw a complete one, but saw several of their parts that they brought as samples.

Last edited:
L
Jan 26, 2010
N. IL.
Wow lots of issues posted on that site. Front shock issues, burns up reads, air box seals go bad, pistons are junk, Says the seat needs to be moved up and a heat shield needs to be made for the exhaust or it will melt the seat. Says use a f7 or f8 pipe instead of the stock unit. Similar HP to a 600 114 HP at 7000 RPM's and 85 ft/lbs pr torque.. at 530 Lbs.

Says the stock rear suspension has too much drag and the sled worked much better with a Holz suspension.

I remember when they were building these, we were slated to powder coat some chassis parts for them. Never saw a complete one, but saw several of their parts that they brought as samples.
What website was that? Don't say R.O.C. I've been there and can't find any talk of any problems. I see the pictures, that's all.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
A buddy of mine had one of those, it was the first and only Redline that was sold to Norway. His actually caught fire just after half a season, from what he told me it wasnt all to fun to ride, and the engine didnt have to much power either. The tube chassie from it is still lying around nearby.

Premium Features