• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just picked up my M1100T Limited!

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
The thing is phenomenal!

That being said, there is definetly a problem with the reverse. After starting it up the first thing I did was try to shift it into reverse. It tried, eventually threw ECU 25 (which is failed shift) and gave up. We rotated the track, tried again, and it was in reverse. However, after shifting it back into forward and giving it some gas it made a nice grinding noise. To get it to shift sucsessfully we had to rotate the track again. We threw it up on a stand and ran it forwards and backwards without problems though.

So, until they come out with the fix, after shifting from reverse to forward, lift the back of the sled up and drop it. If I do that it shifts correctly everytime. I'm just hoping that the three times it made the grinding noise didn't do damage.

Also, I attempted to get the hood off. Unfortunately to get the hood off you need to remove 2 screws under the nose. To get to those screws you need to put the screw driver through holes in the bottom plate of the sport bumper. The holes are too small for a socket and bit to go through, so you need a dedicated torx screwdriver to get them out, which I didn't have tonight.

I attempted to remove the bumper to get at those two screws so that I could get the hood off, but I discovered that an intake hose prevents removal of the bumper. To remove the intake hose you need to remove the hood. In otherwords, you really need a torx screwdriver without changeable bits to get the hood off.

Unfortunately, when I removed the left side top torx screw that holds on the sport bumper I found that the screw was crossed and stripped. Anyone know if I can blame that on the factory or the dealer?

Besides those minor issues I can't stop drooling over the thing!

2011-11-16_17-40-23_331-1.jpg

2011-11-16_17-40-54_673.jpg

2011-11-16_17-41-22_90.jpg

2011-11-16_17-42-24_138.jpg

2011-11-16_17-42-33_551.jpg

Last edited:
H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Could you tell me the build date of this unit? Should be on the tunnel sticker Reason I ask is on HCS there is some saying that there is a fix and units produced after November 7th have it and others will need to be recalled.

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Izzni. . . Looks awesome and looks like you know how to use a camera. . . First stop after work tomorrow for you is to the store to get a tox driver to get that hood off and use your camera skills to share with us the beauty under the hood.

Also Did I mention you suck!

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
The thing is phenomenal!

That being said, there is definetly a problem with the reverse. After starting it up the first thing I did was try to shift it into reverse. It tried, eventually threw ECU 25 (which is failed shift) and gave up. We rotated the track, tried again, and it was in reverse. However, after shifting it back into forward and giving it some gas it made a nice grinding noise. To get it to shift sucsessfully we had to rotate the track again. We threw it up on a stand and ran it forwards and backwards without problems though.

So, until they come out with the fix, after shifting from reverse to forward, lift the back of the sled up and drop it. If I do that it shifts correctly everytime. I'm just hoping that the three times it made the grinding noise didn't do damage.

Also, I attempted to get the hood off. Unfortunately to get the hood off you need to remove 2 screws under the nose. To get to those screws you need to put the screw driver through holes in the bottom plate of the sport bumper. The holes are too small for a socket and bit to go through, so you need a dedicated torx screwdriver to get them out, which I didn't have tonight.

I attempted to remove the bumper to get at those two screws so that I could get the hood off, but I discovered that an intake hose prevents removal of the bumper. To remove the intake hose you need to remove the hood. In otherwords, you really need a torx screwdriver without changeable bits to get the hood off.

Unfortunately, when I removed the left side top torx screw that holds on the sport bumper I found that the screw was crossed and stripped. Anyone know if I can blame that on the factory or the dealer?

Besides those minor issues I can't stop drooling over the thing!

2011-11-16_17-41-09_749.jpg

2011-11-16_17-40-54_673.jpg

2011-11-16_17-41-22_90.jpg

2011-11-16_17-42-24_138.jpg

2011-11-16_17-42-33_551.jpg

Had the same problem on both demo sleds. Remove the three screws from the servo motor while the sled is shifted into forward gear. You will notice when you remove the screws the motor will shift a bit relieving the pressure. At that point start the engine and shift from forward to reverse a few times it will set the code 25. Making sure the sled is switched back to forward shut the sled off. Now reinstall the motor, it should spline back in and be perfectly lined up with the screw holes. Install screws and enjoy your new D.W. reverse modification. Please send check to whyihavetofixcats**** utah usa :face-icon-small-con

Last edited:
K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
Nice sled. I think it is mine. If you give me your address I can come and get it; no need sending it back.

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Very nice!!!

I think mine is going to be the last one built, I cant take the waiting much longer, not to mention all the bs on this site.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Could you tell me the build date of this unit? Should be on the tunnel sticker Reason I ask is on HCS there is some saying that there is a fix and units produced after November 7th have it and others will need to be recalled.

I looked at the sticker and the manufacture date doesn't go down to the day, it just says 11/2011. That being said, I called my dealer on November 3rd and asked for a estimated build date. The guy at the dealer said he was going to have to call the factory to find out since CAT tracker wasn't listing it anymore. He called me back a couple hours later and said that it had been built that day. So yeah, my sled was before the November 7th cutoff for the reverse fix that someone mentioned.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Had the same problem on both demo sleds. Remove the three screws from the servo motor while the sled is shifted into forward gear. You will notice when you remove the screws the motor will shift a bit relieving the pressure. At that point start the engine and shift from forward to reverse a few times it will set the code 25. Making sure the sled is switched back to forward shut the sled off. Now reinstall the motor, it should spline back in and be perfectly lined up with the screw holes. Install screws and enjoy your new D.W. reverse modification. Please send check to whyihavetofixcats**** utah usa :face-icon-small-con

I can give this a whirl, although I'd like to know what exactly this does internally so that I understand what I'm adjusting.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
When I picked it up I went over to my parents place to show it off before I took it home, so the garage in most of the pictures is my parents, hence my sisters bug in the background.

I managed to find a torx screwdriver to get the hood off. I snapped a couple of pictures, but I didn't have much time to poke around before I had to put it back together and bring it home.

The air filter box takes some practice to put together when putting the hood on. Best to do so for the first time when you aren't in a hurry and you have a flashlight available. Lining up the two torx screws back by the gauge area requires pushing the hood back while putting the screw in. The two torx screws under the nose are real fun to put in if you have the sport bumper since you need to put the screw in through the side, and the screwdriver up through the bottom. You need to do this since the screw won't put through the screwdriver access hole, much like how I mentioned the socket wouldn't fit.

Maybe I'm lame, but I actually like the stock sound of the sled. I especially appreciated being able to load it up at 9:30 at night without having to worry about waking up the neighbors. It's probably only a bit louder than a car, and you don't have to rev the piss out of it to get it to move.

I found my toolkit, but I couldn't figure out how to remove it. It's above the foot well on the right side. However, it seems like it is jammed, since I
couldn't get it to budge. Anyone know what you are supposed to do to get it loose and out?

I corrected the blury picture in my original post btw. Sorry about the first one below being blurry. I'll probably be taking it apart again tomorrow and get some more pictures while I'm at it.

2011-11-16_20-54-40_115.jpg

2011-11-16_20-55-04_954.jpg

2011-11-16_22-20-20_21.jpg

Last edited:
K
Oct 21, 2010
You'll find the correct size torx screwdriver for those 2 screws under the sports bumper in the tool kit......it fits through the hole on the bottom of the bumper.......good luck......

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
Thanks for the pics

I have a blue veiner now!:face-icon-small-hap I am in love:face-icon-small-win Where the heck is my sled!!!:face-icon-small-fro We have enough snow to ride dang it come on.

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
I can give this a whirl, although I'd like to know what exactly this does internally so that I understand what I'm adjusting.

I think when install on the line the motor is being installed and then with slight pressure counter clockwise they are installing the screws. This puts pressure on the coupler and reverse mechanism causing it to bind then it sets the code. Im not real sure because I have not removed the chain case to have a look but I did look at it on the parts fiche. It fixed both sleds and havent had an issue since.

C

camocat1000

Jan 30, 2010
Buffalo,MN
Sweet ride Izzni ...Hope the yellow bug is your wife's ...Any Chance your going on the Nelson tours trip to Island Park out of Century?

S

skidud

Nov 27, 2007
I think when install on the line the motor is being installed and then with slight pressure counter clockwise they are installing the screws. This puts pressure on the coupler and reverse mechanism causing it to bind then it sets the code. Im not real sure because I have not removed the chain case to have a look but I did look at it on the parts fiche. It fixed both sleds and havent had an issue since.

Where are you finding a parts fiche. How is the belt deflection on the 2 sleds that you fixed. Anything more than the .030 shim (in my opinion the belt is too loose) and it will not shift into reverse.

Thanks

Premium Features