• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: AntiGravity 12 Cell YT12-B Ultra-Lightweight Lithium Battery

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Recently we had a discussion about lightweight vs. OEM batteries for us in our sleds. This discussion led me to order one of these new ultra-lightweight lithium batteries to try out in my sled this season.

Anti-Gravity Batteries.

http://antigravitybatteries.com/

Advertised as...
The Antigravity 16-Cell

The Antigravity 16-cell has MASSIVE power, it has ultra small foot print being about 4.25″ inches W x 4.75″ x 3″ but start bikes as big as 135 Cubic inch Hi-Performance Motors… This is a great battery for a Touring bikes, Custom builders who are seeking to lower the seat or hide the battery. Or serious Adventure riders.

A small box arrived in the mail today with my new battery in it!

The battery arrived shiped via US Mail, Priority.
And while the box had been banged up a bit, the contents were pristine!
picture.php

The battery was TRIPLE Wrapped.
Twice in bubble wrap
picture.php

And then again several times in Cling Wrap.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Battery measures out at 5 and 3/4 inches wide
picture.php

Just under 2 3/4 inches thick
picture.php

The battery measured in at 5 inches tall
picture.php

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
When placed on the scale it weighs in at 3.53 Pounds
picture.php

The OEM Battery weighs in at 14.38 pounds
picture.php

Net Weight Savings = -10.85Lbs !

Note:
If you opted for the 12 cell version, you would save an additional 0.8lbs
I wanted the extra cold cranking amps just in case I run into some crazy weather in Canada this winter.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
When placed in the battery compartment there is SIGNIFICANT empty space left over!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The battery is now in the far right rear corner of the battery compartment.
There is a good 1.5 inches of side to side space that will have to be filled with Something to stabilize the battery.
picture.php

And just under 3/4 of an inch of space in front of the battery that will have to be filled as well.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just got the following note from AntiGravity Batteries and really thought I should share this with everyone.

THIS is the kind of letter that I love getting from a manufacturer!!

These guys clearly take pride in their product and want that pride to show through to their customers.

Hey Chris,

That is cool your writing it... but unfortunately that battery is demo off the press and not quite how the customer will be getting the battery.... That packaging was done like that because we didn't have our new retail box... and it looks fairly bad as if we package our product in bubble wrap....we don't ever.

Customers will get a retail box and a foam lining and the nice dome stickers, not those little stickers I cut out for positive and negative....The performance of yours will be fine but the presentation of how the product come is not in line with what the customer will get. I'm just a little bummed about showing a USPS priority box with bubble wrap as the battery packaging... Our new retail boxes just came in and are bad *** and product image is heavily important to us...

But thanks for starting a thread...

Regards,

Scott-

Antigravity-Website-Logo-1-x-3.png

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Ten pounds, thats a nice weight savings off of the front end!
The next step is to put that puppy in the freezer and see how it cranks over your sled! :becky::becky:

Or am I the only one who does stuff like that?!!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Don't you have to put the whole sled in the freezer? lol

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
What's the price on this?
The 16 cell I looked at today from a different company was $270.00

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
What are you doing for the extra space? With my 7S I just ran a bungie cord over it, and its never moved. I was thinking that styrofoam or something similar could be cut to fit, and wouldn't add any weight.

H

hurricane2

Nov 27, 2007
I would just line the back and bottom of the battery and frame with hook and loop tape (heavy duty velcro). That stuff holds like crazy. I dont think restraining a 3.5 battery would be a problem. It would isolate the battery from vibration as well.

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
WR450 battery (Not the bikemann) gives you a 10lb weight savings and it doesn't cost 220.
Been running one for 3 years.

K

KJFarmer

Aug 24, 2009
North Dakota
My battery came with a couple strips of hook and loop tape, seemed to hold good, and used some rubber padding up against the stock bracket to hold it in a little firmer

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What are you doing for the extra space? With my 7S I just ran a bungie cord over it, and its never moved. I was thinking that styrofoam or something similar could be cut to fit, and wouldn't add any weight.

I like the Velcro idea, and maybe a little piece of Balsa Wood or something to fill that space just to be SURE it never rattles loose or moves around.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
take the bracket off and redo the bends, hole locations and you can get your snug fit.

Premium Features