• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100T chaincase problem?

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
I don't think it was the chaincase probably the vent or what ever it is going to the air box.

Backcountry Bandit

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2008
YEP! saw it with my own eyes...blown chaincase!! thats 2 now at this dealership. will be a recall no doubt.

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
I was wondering about that 13 wide silent chain... That was on an 800, but the 1100 may have the same? I wonder how long it will take for a hyvo conversion to come out? What broke on them? Was it the chain, or the adjuster?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I'm not looking forward to the reverse...

I've ridden Yamaha phazers where to shift them into reverse you had to press the button, watch the reverse light flash for 10 seconds, if it didn't work rock the sled, try it again, have it fail again, become enraged, and then finally ****ing spin the sled around yourself.

This is even worse. Apparently shifting to or from reverse will either not work, or it trashes the case.

Someone was making fun of skidoos or whatever it was that still have a mechanical lever. At least with the lever you can feel whether its in gear.

I'm not going to believe that some little washer or bend in the reverse fork is the problem. The problem is it is overly complicated and works like trash.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Our reverse on our 1100t stopped working at 16 miles on the first ride. Set off a code on the dash. When we got it back to the shop, one of the mechanic took out the solonoid and adjusted it. Not sure exactly what he did, I wasn't there. Now it works fine. This is just the mechanical reverse on the four stroke, not the m8.

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
Is Cat still not using a HYVO? At least with the DD the Cat guys weren't randomly busting chains and stuck in the middle of nowhere. (Granted there were some failures, but way less than the infamous silent chains)

Back to the good 'ol days....???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Has anyone heard of any problems with the chaicase or reverse? My dealer got a call from Cat today and said they had to check something on the 1100T.

Can you guys stuff a 15 wide chain in there?I run 15 wide on 880 and no issues.

B
Dec 18, 2007
A riding buddy and the local dealer went out for their first rides in thier 1100 T's. They got 100 feet down the trail and one of the machines locked in to reverse and would come out. A short tow and a brutal hand bomb on to the deck and they were on thier way back to town. Not a great way to start your season but all part of the fun with an all new model.

LL

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
just read on HCS that any sled built before 11/7 (4s) will need to be taken back to dealer for a new spring or somthing. Sleds built after that have fix in. just what I read.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
There is nothing official on Cattracker as of this moment. I did just speak to one of my customers who had his out for the first time and he had issues with his M1100T not engaging reverse correctly.

S
Nov 29, 2008
Falkland BC
as of Nov 2 , all 1100T sleds are being built with a stiffer shifting spring, kits are being sent out to dealers this week to repair sleds built before that date.
Its nice to see a manufacturer recognize a problem , and immediately look for a solution , instead of waiting and hoping for the best

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Any dealers on here to verify that there is a fix from the factory and has been corrected with the units produced after the 7th of November

Premium Features