• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can for the M1100T

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Who has what?

I dont want loud, I want weight savings and if there is additional HP, all the better....

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Who has what?

I dont want loud, I want weight savings and if there is additional HP, all the better....

Id get a turbo dynamics. He has a production sled and posted video of it running with decibel readings. He has a super quiet that is quieter than stock and makes more hp. And a quiet version that is a little louder than stock that makes power as well. And the turboforce which is louder but still pretty quiet imo. Also they look sweet and are lighter than stock. Also guys are saying that they don't produce an annoying drone that some systems have I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlkfljciu9o

I like the d&d stuff as well.

Last edited:

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Id get a turbo dynamics. He has a production sled and posted video of it running with decibel readings. He has a super quiet that is quieter than stock and makes more hp. And a quiet version that is a little louder than stock that makes power as well. And the turboforce which is louder but still pretty quiet imo. Also they look sweet and are lighter than stock. Also guys are saying that they don't produce an annoying drone that some systems have I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlkfljciu9o

I like the d&d stuff as well.

He does not say what the weight savings would be.....

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I put a straight pipe on one of our 1100t's yesterday. It is very loud. If anyone wants a straight pipe, I know a number of manufacturers are making them, I would check one out first to see if you like the noise before you buy. I've had a few very loud 2stroke twin piped machines that I had to wear ear plugs to ride, otherwise my ears would ring and hurt for a day after riding. I think the straight pipe will similar. Also have a straight through muffler that is much better. Great sounding, and not near a loud at WOT.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Got an email from D&D. 40hp with the barker plus another 40hp with the boost button with "good gas". Anyone know if the EZ is customizable? say 50hp and 20hp on the button? That would be ideal. Or even just 50hp and no button

type_a_positive

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Mongo Norway
Got an email from D&D. 40hp with the barker plus another 40hp with the boost button with "good gas". Anyone know if the EZ is customizable? say 50hp and 20hp on the button? That would be ideal. Or even just 50hp and no button

As I understand it, the button on the EZ-Jacker gives another 15hp. EZ-Jacker is a closed system, no method of input by the end user. If you want custom programming, go with the Hi-Jacker.

Here is what Glenn Hall had to say about it:

Pretty much as described in the ads. Hijacker 2.0 uses same proven fuel control as we have been using on these motors since '08, but recalibrated to operate off its own internal 4 bar map sensor (stock sensor is 2.5 bar). Boost control has been changed for better response without using the button, and more linear boost curve to higher rpms, so it will work better with the relatively light clutching prefered by mountain riders. With exception of the boost dump, full factory det protection, including timing retard and warning indicator are retained. Boost is displayed in psi, instead of hp. Even with 2.0, tuning is NOT required on stock turbo sled. Box comes pre-programmed with proper fuel curve (matches stock af's) for all boost levels. Advanced tuning modes can be accessed to adjust fuel for engine mods or different turbos and injectors. EZ controls fuel and boost like "old" Hijacker, with the "rapid response" button for instant boost (can be jumpered for constant operation), but no provisions for fuel or boost adjustment. Both units plug in without any cutting or splicing of wires. Programming options are also available for the ecu to raise rev limits, adjust timing, stutters, or whatever you want.

Boondocker1.9 2.0.jpg

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
The muffler is pretty much something you have to have if your going to do any other hp increases. As I understand it the stock one is very restrictive. And you need to get the heat out of the engine.

Far as weight goes Turbo Dynamics said that the stock muffler is 18lbs.

Straight Pipe 3lbs
Barker 6lbs
quiet barker 8lbs

Turbo dynamics mufflers fall in the same weight range as well.

I am sure we will see guys with carbon fiber mufflers that weigh 2-4lbs.

Also hp increase with high flow muffler like the barker or TD turboforce is in the 10-17 hp range. Straight Pipe being a little higher but alot louder.

Should be fun to see what guys do with these sled this year. There are alot of options for bigger upgrade turbos as well. Boondocker has a header and gt2860rs turbo, D&D has a magic turbo, and I am sure there will be more to come. The stock turbo will only flow enough for about 220 hp at 10000ft on good pump gas.

S
Apr 9, 2009
Canada
What about speedwerx are they not a reputable company? I ordered a can and a 4 map good for 240HP from them or should I cancel and go with D$D?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
What about speedwerx are they not a reputable company? I ordered a can and a 4 map good for 240HP from them or should I cancel and go with D$D?

I personally have had no dealings with speedwerx. . .

That being said. . I have not been impressed with the mufflers ive seen from them in the past. They look cheap, The welds look like a grade schooler did them, the ceramic coating is crap. Just in my opinion the other companies have offered a more quality product for the same cost.

As far as the map. . . I would do my research if I was you. Turbo Dynamics sells a remap much like speedwerx but has some cool features added like a knock light and it has auto boost adjust for knock. The hijacker from D&D also has been good and alot of testing.

W
Dec 12, 2010
Camano Island WA,

also keep this in mind.. whats the good of having 4 power settings when your only going to be clutched for one.. i also was thinking about going with there stuff but i did more research and feel alot more confident with d&d... they seem to have more seat time behind there products.. also call speedwerx and ask them "whats the good in having 4 power settings if im only clutched for one" the guy there told me pretty much that there was no point... i hope this helps you..

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The main purpose to have the 4 power settings would be versatility.

If you were riding with the "boys" and were ripping hard you could set it to the 240HP setting and do your thing.

If you were going on a ride with your wife stock would be fine.

If you were running 260HP with some race gas and no race gas is available you could turn it down to 220.

Clutching would be different for each, but it is not a big deal to add or take away weight or actually change the weights.

Based on my experience with turbos in the past the best thing about the 4 options is when you have a guy that says "I just want to have 180 HP and Ill be fine" and then gets stomped that weekend and wished he would have opted for 220.........well, you see where I am going here.

Both Speedwerx and D&D have massive amounts of time on this motor as it is a 3 year old sled to them.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Just get some CPC, or other, adjustable weights. Makes it real easy to add weight when you up the HP.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Anybody got a sound clip of a straight pipe? Stuck between a straight pipe and the barker from D&D. Been around straight piped nytros and apexs sound really good wondering about the cat.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Turbo Dynamics Track Dyno Results

From HCS:

"Just finished testing, left at midnight from Picotte Performance. A BIG thanks to the passionate crew of Picotte for testing that late and still smiling when leaving !

Wow...a few surprises for the results. We are not done yet as we started dynoing late because of track swap driver swap and suspension adjustment for next weekend grass testing.

I'll resume the results so far. Full report coming up tomorrow around noon.
-------------
Bone Stock 2012 Production XF1100T.

These are HP at the track

. The conversion is 1.67 X by track HP, that will be very close to engine HP on this particular Dyno.

Boost 11.0 psi, 112HP at the track ! That is very good for a long track with a motor that has just 3 km ! Unfortunately we did not have the luxury to break it in smoothly like I wanted to for at least 150km.

So with no break in 112hp on a long track is very good.
------
Bone stock with just a 4 stage installed.
Ecotrail program 122HP
Powertrail program 138HP Not recommended with restrictive stock muffler
Max91 Not recommended (did not try)
Race program Not recommended (did not try)
-------
Stock with 4 stage + TurboForce, (with stock Turbo Outlet)
Ecotrail 139HP (17HP at the track !! gain...huge)
Powertrail 156HP
----------
Stock with 4 stage, TurboForce and TD turbo Outlet
Ecotrail 144HP (5 track HP gain)
Powertrail 157HP (1 track HP ?? strange result, possibly hot fuel or other, will test further tomorrow.
Max91 170 track HP !!! Big power, just a monster of a program. Hold on.
94 oct will increase track HP by 3-5, testing of 93/94 will happen in another session early next week.

--------

Stock with 4 stage Extra Quiet (double unit) and TD turbo Outlet
Ecotrail 144Hp !!!! Wow, same as the straight through TurboForce. big surprise here, makes as much as a straight pipe but quiet as stock. I'm stocked about this one.

PowerTrail 157HP !!! again no power loss. this is simply amazing. TD Extra quiet muffler is the sleeper in this HP competition.

max91 not tried, we are almost certain there isn't power loss vs Turboforce again.

TD Super Quiet same results as TurboForce and Extra Quiet, that was expected.

--------------------

Resume:

All TD mufflers make the same power, choose your weight and sound level !

stock 112HP with TurboForce 122HP, same with other TD mufflers
Ecotrail 122HP with TurboForce 139 with Turbo outlet 144
Powertrail 138HP with turboforce 156 with turbo outlet 157
Max 91 with TurboForce and Turbo outlet 170

Race program not tried this session.

170 at the track X 1.67 = 283HP. Now we have to go to Dynotech to verify these findings but I can assure you the test were 100% valid and accurate.

Best of all, we never touched clutching. 2012 clutching works better is does not slip as much !

This is awesome news. For those wanting to try loading RPM or lower RPM to increase fuel mileage should use weight that have stock profile or real close as an example Dalton 5Ws. There are a few other weights that will do the job. I also love my Supertips for those more into racing from a dig as they are super adjustable. "

Premium Features