• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKIS

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I know that the verdict is not out on the new proclimb skis yet. But lets talk about the skis. Are they going to be good? I was thinking some powderpros would be nice but they are spendy. So I was thinking maybe the polaris gripper skis. They look alot like the powderpro in design.

J

jbunce

Dec 12, 2010
squamish BC
Mince are going straight in the garbage, I have a pair of slydogs going on, I love them on my M8 so im putting them on My 1100.

S
Dec 1, 2007
Jackson, WY
You could aways install a burn barrel in your garage if you need an efficient way to get rid of money. Cat makes a fine stock ski, and I saw no noticable improvement when I installed (free) Powder Pros on my TM8. I've also tried Sly Dogs and USI Triple Threats (these were my favorite, with slightly easier sidehilling than stock.)

Ride you sled a couple times first and save your money on things that actually need improving.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Based on my short test the skis and steering are much improved over the M, I am going to run the stock ski this year, at least for awhile

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I think you should try modifying a set of downhill skis. These might give you that warm fuzzy feeling that you are in search of. You might not be completely satisfied because you haven't spent enough money to psychologically make a proper difference, so the rest of the money that you saved on buying a new set of skis, you can send to me!

I haven't tried'em but there's an issue with'em, I'm sure of it.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Welp I guess I am barking up the wrong tree asking this question. . . As everyone has a smarta** comment about it.

How about on the 1100t. It is going to be heavier in the front. Could it use a ski that could float a little better. If I get comments like get some airplane pontoons I am deleting this post.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
You cant take the comments form most on here too seriously. Most can ride their key board a lot better then their sleds.

Last edited:
S

stopdropanroll

Feb 17, 2009
Fall River Wi
I ran the new 8" SlyDog last year and was extremely impressed with it, I came off of their 7" PowderHound, the keel seemed to work really well on the trail and off trail it work much better then the 7", this was on a Nytro. I am going to ride with the stock skis for a bit then make a switch, if necessary.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
you cant take the comments form most on here too seriously. Most can ride there key board a lot better then there sleds.

Im not. . . I just want to know what guys think about skis.

O yeah and I am not a very good rider either.

I personally think the stock ski on the new cats looks a little narrow for the added weight of the 1100. That is mostly why I am asking.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Proclimb skis kinda remind me of the hcr skis on the m chassis. which I really like. I got two sets of simmons gen 2 skis if your interested (one orange pair and one green pair custom cut, not sure if they would fit the proclimb)

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Proclimb skis kinda remind me of the hcr skis on the m chassis. which I really like. I got two sets of simmons gen 2 skis if your interested (one orange pair and one green pair custom cut, not sure if they would fit the proclimb)

The gen2's are so wide. . . . an 8 incher like the gen3's would be nice. Send me some pics of the green pair dirk_03@hotmail.com

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Gen2's are nuts, I am of the same opinion that the extra weight on the nose of the 1110t the stock one are too narrow, I am leaning towards slydog 7's or gen 3 Simmons. Seems the feedback on the gen 3's not so positive either.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Welp I guess I am barking up the wrong tree asking this question. . . As everyone has a smarta** comment about it.

How about on the 1100t. It is going to be heavier in the front. Could it use a ski that could float a little better. If I get comments like get some airplane pontoons I am deleting this post.

I think I answered your question without being a smart ***...............

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
My.02

They are just like the HCR ski and my favorite ski. The aftermarket ski's in my opinion was needed on the old chassis like the king cat but I hate them on the M's. The hcr ski is a great ski not to aggressive but more so than the stock ones on 05-11. I like that the hcr skies are flatter and not as bowed as the stock ski thus putting more ski on the ground.

MY assumption if you need a more aggressive ski you must still be using them to turn and that is why. The only place I use my skies as to steer is on the trail and yes then I get why you want more aggressive skies. I use my skies as a rudders 90% of the time and the more aggressive just takes more energy to move them and sometime slows down response time.

This is what I have witnessed and please do not take offense to this as sleds have evolved riders have not some have but some have not. My question is to you have you changed.

When you are side hilling do you turn up hill or down?
When you side hill'n do you pull your sled over or does it just roll over?
When you go down a hill are both skies on the ground?
When you go down something real steep are you in control or is gravity?
When you go down a real steep hill do you have to use your breaks?

I still run into the guy on an M sled that is going down a steep hill has got stopped before he goes over a cliff or into the trees but can not seam to turn and go back up with out going down and every time they are turning up hill and trying to pull the sled over to get it to go. I walk them through turning the ski down hill roll your sled and drive out. That is not what really get me what really gets me is they don't get it and do not try and get it after that. They just continue doing the same thing. I have friends I ride with that I tell the they are still doing it wrong and they argue with me that ya I do I can side hill. Then the go down and yank there sled on its side and proceed to forcible side hill. And yes it works but wow why you want to work so hard. Okay I will stop ranting about riding abilities and you decide do I need new skies or you going push your self this year.

Premium Features