• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zero Pros

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I have a m1100 turbo standard coming. I dont know much about suspension as I have always just rode what I had and normally the shocks weren't blown out but weren't great.

I know that the standard model comes with the zero pros. I would assume these are a good shock but aren't as light as the float 2's. Is there anything that can be benefited by floats or revalve on the zero pros? Guess I am just looking for opionions on the zero pros.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
On a trail sled I want top of the line front shocks. On a mountain sled I want higher quality rear shocks.

JMO

L

Lambert454

May 1, 2009
mcCall, Idaho
The Zero Pro is a great shock. For some reason every one thinks that Floats are the only way to go. I have blown two sets of floats in the backcountry and it was one HELL of a ride out. Look at most of the top Hill climbers out their they run coil overs. The Zero Pros that come stock are made buy Arctic cat on a mass scale so they do cut some corners as far as quality goes. Any good shop should be abel to re valve your shock to your specs.

Here Is a few more options to look at.http://www.hygearsuspension.com/ArcticCat.html

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Zero pros with a revalve & RCS titanium springs is the way to go!!! Only benefit to floats is lightweight but almost the same with titanium springs & way more durable.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
floats are a progressive shock which is supposidly good for making your rear skid not "hop" in the powder, but a properly adjusted gas coil shock can do the same if setup properly. if you put too much air pressure in a float it wont bottom out and can bend your suspension arms before your shock bottoms.

zero pros are great, and tough, i dinged a float with a rock i kicked up trailing it and dinged the float shaft :(

i took off all floats on my 10 m8 sno pro and went to X1 exit shocks by Zbroz, it is by far the best upgrade i have done to my 10 M yet. my skid went from bucking, changing air pressure everywhere i went to DIALED IN no hopping great transfer!!! easy to adjust! the tripple rate springs make the shock react pretty good everywhere. :)

-Aksnopro

Last edited:

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
I'm not sold on Floats but I am on the Zero Pros. Never had any fade with my Zero pros, set them once and never touched them again. I've seen the pressures change on Floats on a few different sleds from the truck to elevation and its a pain in the azz. I'm seriously considering changing the front floats out on my 1100 (whenever it gets here) and replacing them with Zero pros.......and really whats 2lbs when I'm riding a 4stroke!!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I'm not sold on Floats but I am on the Zero Pros. Never had any fade with my Zero pros, set them once and never touched them again. I've seen the pressures change on Floats on a few different sleds from the truck to elevation and its a pain in the azz. I'm seriously considering changing the front floats out on my 1100 (whenever it gets here) and replacing them with Zero pros.......and really whats 2lbs when I'm riding a 4stroke!!

Honestly if you decide to do this we can probally work out a trade. I would like to have the floats but I wanted a 153 so my options were limited.

Premium Features