• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Kit is The best

C
Oct 23, 2011
I have been looking into buying a conversiion kit for my 2007CRF450R and i would like to get your guyses input on whats the best bang for you buck i know the MountainHorse is pretty much the best but i dont have $5000 on a kit when I already have a snowmobile i have a tops of about $1500 and i have seen some used snoxcycle kits around that and some 2motos close

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
I personally would save my money for a mountain horse kit. You might be disappointed in the other kits. Do you know anyone with the other kits you could try?

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
what type of riding. from what i have experienced the MTN. horse would be the only real choice for the deep and steep.
The explore kit on the other hand is a riot on the packed trails and not super deep powder. It really depends on snow conditions from what i can tell.

T

turbo99

Mar 16, 2008
tacoma,wa
I have been looking into buying a conversiion kit for my 2007CRF450R and i would like to get your guyses input on whats the best bang for you buck i know the MountainHorse is pretty much the best but i dont have $5000 on a kit when I already have a snowmobile i have a tops of about $1500 and i have seen some used snoxcycle kits around that and some 2motos close

where are you from? Washington? if so ill take you up i have all three kits timbersled 2moto explorer. i dont have a snoxcycle

you can chose what one best fits your riding style.

Travis
BackCountry Snowbikes

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Don't buy an explorer kit, new or used they suck.

Get a 2moto if your price conscious, otherwise if your in the mtns, you'll want a Mtn. Horse for sure!

2motos are a solid product that won't let you down, ever. The Explorers would be good if you like riding a TTR 125 in the dirt and think they are fast.

Jon

T

turbo99

Mar 16, 2008
tacoma,wa
Don't buy an explorer kit, new or used they suck.

Get a 2moto if your price conscious, otherwise if your in the mtns, you'll want a Mtn. Horse for sure!

2motos are a solid product that won't let you down, ever. The Explorers would be good if you like riding a TTR 125 in the dirt and think they are fast.

Jon

his price is 1500 the only kit at that price is explorer if you found a 2moto at that price that would be a steel. you are right about the explorer though
mt. horse is the only way to go. its more money buy way more fun.

T
Nov 13, 2008
Snobikes

It all depends on snow conditions and what kind of riding you are doing ....for trail riding and boondocking the 2moto handels by far the best and feels more like your riding a bike but for deep powder and deep snow boondocking you cant beat the mountain horse ...

C
Oct 23, 2011
MTN Horse

Thanks guys i think i will just wait a till next year for the mountain horses to go down in price and/or improve cause i know there always getting better since there new and like i said i already have a pretty dang nice Skidoo Rev so i dont need a a kit but i would like one

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Spend some time this winter, hook up with one of us with a snowbike, and take it out for a ride. It'll convince you that you have to talk your other sled buddies into selling off the sleds and getting into this new sport of snowbiking.

I had a 2moto kit for 3 years, and it was amazing. But once my buddies got Timbersleds, I quickly got sick of getting stuck where they wouldn't. With that said, the 2moto is an awesome piece of engineering. I sold mine off for $1500 cdn at the end of last season, and it was perfectly useable for many seasons to come.

C
Dec 10, 2009
N/A
I would be looking for a used 2moto kit, several of them out there $2000-2500. Explorer kits are garbage, like mentioned earlier its like riding a TTR-125. Going to be tough to find a mountain horse for cheap. Where are you located? A guy in our group just moved to AZ so is trying to sell his kit, PM me and I can give you his info.

S
Nov 20, 2010
I would like to ride one or better yet all of these kits. Anyone ever get to cooke city? Usually up there every weekend on my m8.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Thanks guys i think i will just wait a till next year for the mountain horses to go down in price and/or improve cause i know there always getting better since there new

From what I've heard the price of the MH kits are going up next year to $5299... I doubt there will be any price drops for a new kit.

That being said, I think there should be a small used market for next season if Timbersled ends up upgrading the kit substantially. I will most likely be upgrading my bike (just to try something new, the WR is nice so far) and might just sell the bike+MH combo. The bike is going to be completely setup for winter with all the goodies and must-have's.

It really all depends on how much Timbersled changes the Horse. If there is nothing substantial I would imagine most people would just hang on to their 2012 kits. These things are so much damn fun I don't think many people will be parting with them.

Premium Features