• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100T exhaust

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Been looking at D&D's exhaust like their stage 2 Barker but was thinking of just doing their stage 3 straight pipe. Just wondering about how loud the straight pipe would be? The straight pipe only weighs 3 pounds thats a 20 pound saving, D&D is saying 193hp on stock boost.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Stock exhaust is pretty restrictive for the turbo, D&D's numbers might be a little high but you could checkout there video of the dyno run.

it may be restrictive... but SIXTEEN HP from a piece of pipe?:faint: C'mon... you know better!!!

The number game just gets old when you know they're full of it.

OR, is there just way more to what was being tested?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Ive talked to one company who has dynoed the straight pipe and said it lost hp on the 1100T.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I'll be keeping the quiet stock can on for a while.

Even if there is an aftermarket exhaust that supposedly is as quiet I'm sure that because of the different tone it would sound louder. Much like how being near a waterfall is very loud, but you don't see people wincing.

I'll be keeping the airvox intact too, since Arctic Cat spent a boatload of time tuning the noise it makes. I'm sure that with a gutted airbox it would sound like crap.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I'll be keeping the quiet stock can on for a while.

Even if there is an aftermarket exhaust that supposedly is as quiet I'm sure that because of the different tone it would sound louder. Much like how being near a waterfall is very loud, but you don't see people wincing.

I'll be keeping the airvox intact too, since Arctic Cat spent a boatload of time tuning the noise it makes. I'm sure that with a gutted airbox it would sound like crap.

All you guys that doubt that a new muff will make the 1100t have almost 15hp extra are wrong. That stock muff on the new sled is restrictive. 4 strokes are a world of difference from 2 strokes. Ask some of the yamaha turbo kit builders about putting a restrictive muffler on their systems.

15 hp is doable and a 15 lb weight loss will be easy. It will be louder but likely quieter than a 2 stroke with a can. I heard 400 rpm increase from adding a can alone. 400 rpm is alot more hp.

G
Nov 27, 2007
Ive talked to one company who has dynoed the straight pipe and said it lost hp on the 1100T.

I would remove that company from my list of vendors for the turbo. It is very basic and common knowledge that reducing the pressure downstream of the turbine will make power on any turbo. The difference is even more dramatic at higher boost and/or higher elevation, as turbo can make more boost with less backpressure. Difference between stock and barker can be 40+ hp at higher boost levels. Maybe they misunderstood and told you resultas for N/A sled? The N/A four stroke will lose power with less restrictive exhaust due to its lean tune - this can be corrected by adding fuel. Exhaust options for this turbo sled are pretty simple. Louder = more power!

Last edited:
H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
I would remove that company from my list of vendors for the turbo. It is very basic and common knowledge that reducing the pressure downstream of the turbine will make power on any turbo. Maybe they misunderstood and told you resultas for N/A sled? The N/A four stroke will lose power with less restrictive exhaust due to its lean tune - this can be corrected by adding fuel. Exhaust options for this turbo sled are pretty simple. Louder = more power!

Damn you I was just gonna post this same exact thing :(

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.731738,-103.587803

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com

I was there when this was said and heard what madmax did. We both had our doubts but why would this reputable person say such a thing ? I guess we will have to find out for ourselves as soon as our 1100ts show up. Im thinking around 8 HP gain and 20lbs weight lose with a SS down pipe. Madmax has I carbon fiber top secret weapon to put on his haha.. Let the shootout begin!:boink: MADMAX =:second::becky:

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Was just at the Edmonton sled show, a few 1100T sleds there on display, one had a straight pipe installed and the factory pipe beside it to show the size difference.What a clean install, ordered a straight pipe, don't care if I gain any HP.

By the way they had one all done in carbon fiber, I won't say the weight loss because it was a pretty big number that I can't prove - looked awesome tho.

These new cats look great modded, hope they perform as good as they look :face-icon-small-coo

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Was just at the Edmonton sled show, a few 1100T sleds there on display, one had a straight pipe installed and the factory pipe beside it to show the size difference.What a clean install, ordered a straight pipe, don't care if I gain any HP.

By the way they had one all done in carbon fiber, I won't say the weight loss because it was a pretty big number that I can't prove - looked awesome tho.

These new cats look great modded, hope they perform as good as they look :face-icon-small-coo
I was there friday never saw the straight pipe, who had it?

Premium Features