• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

604 Hp!!

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
And so it begins....................

Hahaha! I thought it was pretty cool that they were able to do it. Regardless of how accurate the dyno session was, it takes SERIOUS power to run 139mph in 500ft. At least that is 100% accurate.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I actually think that D&D and Dynotech both just had the Dynos recalibrated, they found that they were both a bit high previously. Should be pretty accurate. Its all good. About 404HP more than most of us will ever use.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
8.614 Hp/cubic inch on gasoline is pretty amazing.

I guess when you compare it to other extreme turbocharged engines, it's pretty normal. Magnus Motorsports built a 2.0 liter Eclipse that makes 1400 Hp on 86psi of boost and 11,000 RPM.

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
I saw that sled up close and personal at HayDays. I watched (kinda.... only saw it flash past) a few runs which were the first on it. There is NO doubt that sled makes in excess of 600 hp. Another interesting fact is he was running stock chain with the factory automatic adjuster in the stock chain case:face-icon-small-sho It was one of the sickest sleds I have ever seen.

Last edited:
S

stopdropanroll

Feb 17, 2009
Fall River Wi
That is the same motor we have been racing all year, over 140 DYNO pulls and racing rounds. There is more left in that motor but after breaking 600HP they put it back in the trailer. DTR should have a write up on it soon.

"if its true" ????? DTR is the most respected dyno in the country.

Power was made on VP Q16.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Video of the sled in action is on D&Ds website.

Dynotech will have the sheets on their website, but you have to have a membership to view them.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Glenn's the man!!!!!!

I'm lucky to live by him and know him. His first run on a mountain gave the fastest sleds at Fairview fits.

Owen

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I was reading through the stuff on the hardcoresledder site and see a bunch of pissing back and forth between a couple guys. Who is "TD". I should probably know but don't.

O' and impressive numbers. I know 99.9% of the people will never take these mods to this level but even the average guy will learn something along the way. So you have to take things to the limit then back off to the point it is either affordable or mechanically achievable with reliability. So IMO keep pushing and see where it ends up.

Good job.

Thunder

S

stopdropanroll

Feb 17, 2009
Fall River Wi
Just want to add that it was not just Glenn/D&D that built this, it was a co-op of very talented folks, the brains behind the engine is Craig Campton, countless hours have been spent on this engine program, Craig is the guy that designed the internal engine parts for the 1100T that D&D sells including the CNC head work. Very talented man, Spent a good share of his life working for some of the Cagnazzi NHRA pro stock teams including Jeg Coughlin, and most recently Jonny Gray.

Premium Features