• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

***800 CFI Aftermarket Top End Kits, The FIX KIT, Terra Alps, RKT, ???, Options***

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I was just curious how many people are running something other than stock pistons in their 08-10 800 CFI's. It looks like there are a few different options out there from what I can tell. The Fix Kit seems to be the most popular and Terra Alps also has a kit with a billet head. RK Tek looks like they will have a drop n kit with a billet head as well. Another option is the single ring turbo piston from Carls Cycle. I'm curious if this piston would be a better option than the stock dual ring piston from the 2010 update?

For the guys replacing parts, what is everybody running?

N
Jan 2, 2008
ID and MT
Keeping it Stock

I have a 09 D8 with a Boondocker turbo. Have the updated 2 ring pistons, head and last 09 flash. Have about 2100 miles on it and just took the motor down b/c I found the mag side pistons scoring a little on the EV side. Talked to the local dealer today and I am going to put in a set of the stock updated 2 ring pistons, hone the clyinder a little and get back on the mountain. Thought about the "fix" but am in the same boat as most, I really wanna hear some feed back from people that ride the steep and deep and that have or don't have turbos. Until then I will be back to stock. Hopefully that lasts for another 2100 miles.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Wiseco pistons with 08 head and 2010 cylinders. Can't remember for sure, but they have at least 700 miles on them. Still working great.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Installed new 09 cylinders, the Fix Kit, 08 head & 08 fuel map. Still plan on running the PCV with an adjusted fuel map for our elevation to match the 08 head & fuel map.

akrevrider

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Wiseco pistons with 08 head and 2010 cylinders. Can't remember for sure, but they have at least 700 miles on them. Still working great.

Monte,

Has R44guy taken his sled out yet this season with the Fix Kit? Haven't seen him posting on the forums yet this season with his riding results...

akrevrider

kahonies

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Installed the Fix in 08 Dragon with 09 motor and RKT Head original 08 fuel map. Have PCV on board not using right now.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Monte,

Has R44guy taken his sled out yet this season with the Fix Kit? Haven't seen him posting on the forums yet this season with his riding results...

akrevrider

No, not yet. We are both in MN and it's still 50 deg outside uhgg. :face-icon-small-sad I don't think either of us are planning much riding until after the 1st of the year. Although, I've sure been doing a lot of wrenching on sleds already this year. :face-icon-small-win I don't remember if he rode it anymore last season after he had it on the dyno or not.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
No, not yet. We are both in MN and it's still 50 deg outside uhgg. :face-icon-small-sad I don't think either of us are planning much riding until after the 1st of the year. Although, I've sure been doing a lot of wrenching on sleds already this year. :face-icon-small-win I don't remember if he rode it anymore last season after he had it on the dyno or not.

50 degrees yuk. it is 20 degrees here and a 1.5 feet of snow down low and more on the way this weekend:face-icon-small-hap

Would you please ask him if he would send me a copy of his fuel map?

Looking at adding a switch to my PCV and use two maps one for high elevation and one down on the rivers/lakes.

C
pro

word on the street is you can run the 2011 pro piston in the d8. Same exact piston just tighter piston too cylinder clearance. Exactly the same skirt height and everything...Nice reliable cast piston at a 170 bucks a pop thats what I'm going for.

Aug 30, 2010
clearwater BC
I heard from a guy who hear d from a guy whos sister was dating another guys brother who bought the Mountain teck(i think thats what its called) fix kit and the pistons are arctic cat...same PN anyways....(the whole i heard form thing was a joke but the piston thing is true)

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
50 degrees yuk. it is 20 degrees here and a 1.5 feet of snow down low and more on the way this weekend:face-icon-small-hap

Would you please ask him if he would send me a copy of his fuel map?

Looking at adding a switch to my PCV and use two maps one for high elevation and one down on the rivers/lakes.

I'll pass it on. Are you running the BMP pipe? That's what his map is for. Otherwise I also have the SLP and both DTR maps I can send you. Just PM me. I have been running the slp map with stock pipe and modified intake with very good results, but started playing around with the auto tune late last year. Just trying to adjust better fueling on the top end.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
akrevrider , I'm hoping The Fix will be hear this week for her 2010 , it's got just about 2500 on the stock pistons and the PSI is between 108 and 109 pds . I was up at 4:00 this morning ( snow bug is biting hard ) putting in a new short block in my ride :madgrin: I'll be reporting back after a long Thanksgiving weekend on how The Fix works .

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
I'll pass it on. Are you running the BMP pipe? That's what his map is for. Otherwise I also have the SLP and both DTR maps I can send you. Just PM me. I have been running the slp map with stock pipe and modified intake with very good results, but started playing around with the auto tune late last year. Just trying to adjust better fueling on the top end.

I was looking for a BMP pipe but found an Aaen pipe that goes with the Polaris service silencer ( 700 stock can). Had been running the Skinz Ultra-Q but want to give my ears a break and see on R44guy's dyno that the stock can did well making power with a pipe.

The Aaen pipe fuel map should be close to the BMP pipe & stock can combo. Would really like to try the fuelmap from the dyno session.

Will shoot you a PM and appreciate your help on the fuel map.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
akrevrider , I'm hoping The Fix will be hear this week for her 2010 , it's got just about 2500 on the stock pistons and the PSI is between 108 and 109 pds . I was up at 4:00 this morning ( snow bug is biting hard ) putting in a new short block in my ride :madgrin: I'll be reporting back after a long Thanksgiving weekend on how The Fix works .

Are you going to reuse the cylinders again? If so make sure to use the hardened hone that Polaris recommends using. With that (108/109) compression the engine was sucking air bigtime and will really come alive with the new pistons.

Understand about the snow bug with all the new snow just watch out for rocks etc. Have been reading the Peterville report and they have a couple of feet and more on the way!

If you have any questions you can call the HPAK Willow store and talk to the Service Manager about the tricks/tips installing the Fix Kit. They kept an eye on mine for the first results in AK and now have decided to carry it as an aftermarket option for sleds out of warranty.

Please post back your results after the Fix Kit and how your install went.

Good Luck,

akrevrider

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
There really wasn't much to the BMP map if I remember right. Added some fuel through the mid range mostly. The pipe made full use of the overly rich top end mapping.

I've run Aaen pipes before and really liked them. I will be curious to hear how you like yours on the dragon.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
There really wasn't much to the BMP map if I remember right. Added some fuel through the mid range mostly. The pipe made full use of the overly rich top end mapping.

I've run Aaen pipes before and really liked them. I will be curious to hear how you like yours on the dragon.

The BMP fuel map should be really close and R44guy's dyno session confirmed it. Pretty sure it will match up well with the Aaen pipe.

Will post up the results on how the Aaen pipe performs on the Dragon.

akrevrider

Premium Features