• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Harvest

S
Dec 15, 2009
NW Iowa
I was going down the highway the other night with the combine and looked out across the section. Appeared to be about three combines running in one section. Coudln't hardly see anything for miles from the bean dust. Thats what you get huh when you get beans testings 9's-10's. Starting corn today!!!

S
Dec 15, 2009
NW Iowa
We have been doing corn for 2 days now in northwest iowa. Testing anywhere from 13.0 to 15.7. Definately dryer than we would like it as its starting to break off with the strong wind we have had! Had a BAD drought all summer long!

S
Dec 15, 2009
NW Iowa
Sioux County put a stop on harvest this weekend. Too many fires. One fire had 11 different fire squads there. All resulting from dry fields and exhaust on vehicles or combine fires. They requested all combines stop harvesting until conditions improved. (Had some rain now). That is how terribly dry we are!

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
Sioux County put a stop on harvest this weekend. Too many fires. One fire had 11 different fire squads there. All resulting from dry fields and exhaust on vehicles or combine fires. They requested all combines stop harvesting until conditions improved. (Had some rain now). That is how terribly dry we are!

saw some fire on cutted bean ground last week near my home.. Not sure it came from combine, I havent went there to take a closer look.
Got some rain this morning, then combined bean at 6pm tonight, ground still alittle wet, plugged up the cutter.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
still have alot corns around here, some farmers just finished. sometime it slow down because of few corns were knock down from strong wind.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
DONE! Have one 240ac field left to rip and gas, but waiting on lime.
Otherwise, we finished combining, ripping, and gassing all yesterday. Unbelievable year, finishing right around a month early, and only had one day of not running since Sept. 15th.

Gonna be nice to have almost all of November for hunting for once! and of course, sure would be sweet if the new sled would arrive.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
many farmers just got done, but I dont... about 150acres to go! we had problem with the combine, had to replace the 90 degree angle tube and outer tube. had to take the whole unloading auger down for the 90 degree angle tube to replace. I ll post the pictures of bad tubes. The new one is more heavy than old one.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
many farmers just got done, but I dont... about 150acres to go! we had problem with the combine, had to replace the 90 degree angle tube and outer tube. had to take the whole unloading auger down for the 90 degree angle tube to replace. I ll post the pictures of bad tubes. The new one is more heavy than old one.

Paint it green, it may help ;)

Premium Features