• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My new muff

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Started ordering some parts for the new exhaust for my m1100t. I did alot of research as far as what flows well, is lightweight, decently quiet and has a good price point. I came up with a magnaflow race muffler. It is a straight thru design. All stainless contruction. Alot of people say that the magnaflow mufflers have a nice deep tone as well as are quieter than similar products from other companies. There are definately lighter products, cheaper, etc. But this one seems to match every ares that I find important, even while sacrificing slightly in others. So I just figured I would share this with anyone who does there own work. I will also definately share the finished product once I have it all done. . . I figure a week after I get the sled. I do plan to put a good number of miles on the stock system first though.

Mag.jpg

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
what is the cha ching rating?

I paid $90 shipped on ebay for it. The mandrel bent tubing will be $35 shipped and the flange I will build myself probally ($4 of stainless) And then weld it. I am not going to figure my time, it is my hobby I would be in a world of hurt if I had to figure time in on any of my past projects.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
nice.
If it makes the T sleds not sound so much like farm equipment, i am in.

It is hard to say what it is going to sound like I think it may sound more like this. . . . based on the fact that the engines are similar due to parallel firing twin.

Engine specs are close as well. RZR 900 93mmborex64.4mmstroke and 1100turbo 95x70. Also aprox peak hp at 7800-8000 on both engines. I think the sound would be very close. I am sure I will get flamed on this though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNeOgyKLo3w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe0Q0spUrbg&feature=related

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
The answer to that is yes because it is clear on a 4 stroke turbo that less restriction makes more hp. This is very tried and true. The difference is I wont have a nice dyne number to claim. It will make morepower than stock it will be lighter and will sound nice as well. Go over and ask the 4 stroke guys in the hammy forum and they will answer this to u

dejadoo

Lifetime Membership
The answer to that is yes because it is clear on a 4 stroke turbo that less restriction makes more hp. This is very tried and true. The difference is I wont have a nice dyne number to claim. It will make morepower than stock it will be lighter and will sound nice as well. Go over and ask the 4 stroke guys in the hammy forum and they will answer this to u

After you figure out how to make one, then you should make more and sell them

(so they are nothing like 2 stroke cans)

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Ok, kinda excited. I got my new muffler today. It is like christmas. Still no sled in sight but still excited about it. I need to order my mandrel bent tubing for it but I really need to have a sled here to know how much length I need on the legs of bends. The muffler itself weighs 5lbs on our shipping scale here at work. I imagine it will easily be under 7lbs when finished.

The fit anf finish on the magnaflow is less than to be desired imo. Alot of weld splatter and whatnot. Though still a quality pc. I will just have to clean it up to make it pretty.

Premium Features