• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Code for 2012

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
so cant throw on one, have a problem because i dont know what i am doing and expect my dealer to try to push it thru and when he cant come on here and bash arctic cat? :face-icon-small-ton

B
Jul 29, 2011
AT
the name of the function is "back signal"

it find out boost and fuel increase (changes) and it find out if there are changes on some sensors.

the function was available in last z1t series. but no one realize it.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
the name of the function is "back signal"

it find out boost and fuel increase (changes) and it find out if there are changes on some sensors.

the function was available in last z1t series. but no one realize it.

Just take the stock ecu off and put on the branix setup, then you can just go back to stock if needed.

Will this be a code on the 800 also or just the tm1100

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
IDont know of any Z1t that wasnt at least at the 215 hp level and I have not heard of one that has gone down at that power level,, at 290 yes but it was more head gaskets and such,I think at 215 its all good ,thes motors are so reliable!

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Holy cow we might actually be able to hook up an OBD II scanner and get real results of what the heck is going on rather than the replace a part and hope it fixes the problem.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
sensors suck! fuel, air, compression, spark. thats all a guy needs!!!!!!!!

I would have to agree with you.....BUT

Now that we have FI and Turbos and MAP and TPS and AF and a whole alphabet of other inputs, which one do you replace or adjust when the damn thing starts cutting out in the mid range or top end??
With all the electronic crap we have on em now I'll take OBD II for $100 Alex

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
It all boils down to the fact that we are each responsible for what we did. Cat for building the stock machine and us for tring as hard as we can to screw it up! The "fix it until it's broke" syndrom runs pretty deep in the mountain market.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Sensors suck when you have no idea what they should be doing. A scanner could be programmed to give you the sensor input/output and tell you what it should be so you can compare, if programmed to record data it could also tell you the low and peak outputs. Thus letting you know exactly what is going on. Once you get the basic knowledge of how they interact with each other its pretty easy to break down to understand. Most likely 95% will just throw up there hands and take it to someone else. It would be cool to have the ability to something like this.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
So, no more scamming the dealer when you screw up your machine? Breaks my heart.

I really wonder how much money every year goes to people who do stupid things to their sleds, then expect the dealer to fix it for free.

That said, the idea that changes should void unrelated parts warranties seems pretty silly... but if you turbo a sled, then blow the motor, it's your deal imo.

As was said above... personal responsibility.

I'd love to see better diagnostics on a sled... that would be very cool.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So, no more scamming the dealer when you screw up your machine? Breaks my heart.

I really wonder how much money every year goes to people who do stupid things to their sleds, then expect the dealer to fix it for free.

That said, the idea that changes should void unrelated parts warranties seems pretty silly... but if you turbo a sled, then blow the motor, it's your deal imo.

As was said above... personal responsibility.

I'd love to see better diagnostics on a sled... that would be very cool.

I agree. . . as much as i don't want to agree, Helps keep a honest man honest.

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
So if I put a can on my sled and the crank goes when 75% of all that year's 800s are having the same crank issues, I should be liable because I put the can on and the other 75% did not? That I do not agree with.

However, it is that 5% that do major mods and burn the engine down and expect the dealer to pay for it, that ruins it for all of us that are honest and legit.

Just another way for big brother to know what we are doing. We sure have A LOT of big brothers.

It would be nice to have the codes and some more explanation of them. It took forever to find out the code my sled was giving me was the EGT sensor code. They wanted over $100 for the part and it was questionable on the warranty. They also neglected to tell me when I bought it that there was a deductable on the second year warranty. It was cheaper for me to just take it off and get one from chevy and splice the connectors on then to get it from AC and deal with the hassles. Works great too. Now if I could just get it actually show me the temp. I miss my Avenger III.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
If it is a part failure it should be covered under warranty, but on a 2 stroke if a crank seal fails and you have mods (fuel controller) instead of shutting down it will keep running and burn down, it might have done it any way but you take the risk. No dealer is likely to void a warranty over a can, they could, I just don't see it happening.
You have to keep a common(but not so common) sense outlook on warranty,

Premium Features