• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

heading back to canada with a truck full of goodies!

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
i live in swastika, ont. canada
After spending the whole summer doing an internship at Zbroz Racing, it's finally time to head back to Canada. A big thank you to Ryan and Nate Zollinger, Mike of the shock department and Glenn in the fab. department. I'm bringing back a set of 17.5" Exit X1's as well as the first set of Nytro +2" forward and caster adjustable a-arms. Thanks go out to the Van Amburg's as well for rushing me up my Boondocker tunnel in time for me to leave tomorrow. I've also picked up a set of skis and a 1.75" backcountry extreme track which i've installed 185 track screws in. The sled receiving these goodies is a 2010 Nytro XTX on which i installed a flotation skidplate, front bumper and AMR graphic kit before coming down here. Before the snow flies i hope to install a new Timbersled rear suspension and Skinz seat with undertunnel exhaust as well. I will post pictures of the buildup as soon as i get home and start working on it.

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
Well I've got the front left hand side a-arms and shock installed so far. I started on the running board removal to install the VanAmburg boondocker tunnel skin, but i have no instructions and the VanAmburg's have not gotten back in touch with me, so if anyone has done one and feels like giving me some pointers, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm also going to cut out a removable access panel in my flotation skidplate that will be held in with wellnuts so that i won't have to pull it off everytime i have to change the oil. I'll have to whip up some spacers for the simmons skis as well, as the saddles are wider than stock. looks like the backcountry track might have too high a profile to fit under the XTX without coming in contact with the front cooler, but it's too soon to tell. i would've thought if the 2" track fits under the MTX that mine should fit as well, but maybe the bulkhead is different?

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
thanks for the link, it will help a lot for sure, i'm gonna leave a little more of the running board on the right hand side as i think i'm right around an inch on the left, the rivets should still have something to grab though, i'm not too worried

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Yea, you should be good with that. I did the wide running board kit before upgrading to the bumper kit, I left about 1 1/2 in it was more then enough.

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
Well i figured out the Van Amburg boondocker setup and got it all installed. It looks really good and feels really sturdy. It was my first time using hammer rivets and i really like them. Got the right hand side of my front end kit installed as well. I'm fabbing up some spacers for the Simmons skis and will take some pics of the complete install shortly. Then it'll be time to tackle the new track install and see if the cooler will have to be relocated or modified to fit the 1 3/4" lug. I'm hoping Christopher's winter predictions will hold true for my location as well. Can't wait for snow!

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
Here are the pics of the installed goodies. i installed the track and it required cutting off the square tubing that protects the front heat exchanger for clearance. it also required taking the chaincase cover off and on several times to get the reverse fork to line up properly with it's gear. all that's left now is to scotchbrite the tunnel, toe in the skis, rig up my access panel to the oil filter, pop in a few more rivets for the upper tunnel protector, and tunnel extension, giver a good wash and install the last few decals. then it's save up some more cash time to see if the skinz undertunnel exhaust/seat combo and timbersled rear suspension are in the works for this winter or not.
IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Lets hear a bit more about the front end. +2 forward? Is Zbros making a kit like the skinz kit for the nytro??

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
Yeah they had a few of them out on the snow last winter for testing and after some minor tweaking they are in production for this upcoming season. Actually they are +3" when you add their camber adjusting spacer and spindle. i measured it out on mine and was a little over 2 and 7/8" forward. if you want the + forward arms they will be available in the stock width only, if you purchase the 43" width they will retain the stock geometry (aside from the gains from the spindle and caster adjusting spacer).

Premium Features