• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO CLIMB SILBER TURBO (what do you want:)

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Hello fellow Snowester,

I am making this thread to see what all you turbo guru's would like to see in a Pro Climb m800 Turbo kit.

Let us hear your thoughts.

Please feel free to Pm or call us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our new Arctic Cat line of turbo kits.

Enjoy the rest of your summer. And stay tuned for some sneek peek photos when we get closer to fall.

Justin Silbernagel

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Possibly an upgrade turbo/tune option for a Precision HTA 2871R. Standard 2871R flows 44lbs/min. HTA 2871R flows 51lbs/min with better low end.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Quiet Muffler (Stock outlet and or Tunnel Dump)
--Tunnel dump option(if possible)

--Quiet Sleds are COOL:face-icon-small-coo--

--X2 on the bigger and more efficient turbos. I would not even consider buying anything less than a good flowing 2871.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
reasonable sound levels and good flowing turbos...

i know the precision my buddy bought from you is a NICE unit.. a cut above the standard garrett stuff. or some other borg warner ones i heard about, but thats just thoughts.

im excited to see what you come up with.. the new chassis should be FUN on boost.

Last edited:

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
1. Pull the rope and go! No tinkering every ride with fuel pressure and fuel settings.
2. Quiet as you can get it. My m8 push kit isnt bad but I would like a quieter kit if possible.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
- consistant performance for varying temps and weather
- adjustable boost so a guy can low boost at home in the flats
- If a intercooler would allow the use of pump or a mix of race and pump and still run good boost id be in favor. If its only required to run like 12 + im ok without it.
- of course your usual stellar parts and designing goes without saying
- lag free ,smooth run up to boost for easy clutching

Thanks for askin !!:face-icon-small-hap

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Something remotely quiet. A buddy bought your T-Pro RMK last spring and it's a bit loud. Loud enough that I wear ear-plugs! lol

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
What's yours??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

See post #7

- consistant performance for varying temps and weather
- adjustable boost so a guy can low boost at home in the flats
- If a intercooler would allow the use of pump or a mix of race and pump and still run good boost id be in favor. If its only required to run like 12 + im ok without it.
- of course your usual stellar parts and designing goes without saying
- lag free ,smooth run up to boost for easy clutching

Thanks for askin !!:face-icon-small-hap

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
A kit that strips as much weight as possible, responsive (2871 hybrid / 2876) I don't know which is better and there are some still testing even bigger combos. Quite is nice but I worry about exhaust restrictions, mine is a straight out 3" tunnel dump that seems load to me but everyone says the only way they can tell its a turbo is the BOV (and it hauls azz)

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
A muffler..... A 4500 dollar turbo system and they only input you guys have is a muffler???

Silber did ask, and 4 people mentioned a quieter turbo in this thread, so I guess it's important to some of us. Can't say I'm a big fan of earbleeding noise anymore, but more importantly, I live in a state where non-motorized winter recreationalists vastly outnumber sledders, and we're all pretty much using the same areas side by side. It's just common sense that it's in our best interest to to keep the noise levels down where possible. I agree with those that think an open exhaust makes more power, I just don't think it's worth the price to pay.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I never said I wanted a Loud sled but I'm sure silber was hoping for a bit more input than a nice can. I guess if people don't get a good running turbo but it's quiet they will be happy.

Last edited:

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
I'm glad he is building one for cat, cuz he built a good one for the Pro RMK. If anybody can blow up a turbo sled it's my buddy who bought Silber's Pro! He has a solid half dozen rides on it and has yet to grenade it, no matter how hard he tries. Prior to buying the Silber rig, he blew up his BD dragon a good dozen times and that's no exageration. Now there's an endorsement for ya.

Last edited:
S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for all the responses so far. Any other things besides a quite turbo kit that you user want or would like to see?

We have our machinest building a bunch of trick parts for this new turbo kit already. Should end up being a direct bolt on turbo kit like our Pro RMK kits.

Thanks
Justin

Premium Features