• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any news on if Cat has gotten their suzuki motors?

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
Early spring their were questions as to whether they would get the motors from suzuki, b/c of the tsunami and the nuclear problems. I kinda wrote it off and didn't think it would effect the cats but what do I know?

Anyone heard for sure?

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
I have to imagine a company of that stature plans wayyy ahead to make sure something like that wouldn't shut down production.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
If that is true, then Nissan and Toyota could learn a thing or two from Arctic Cat.

Sadly it is just the opposite. It is more efficient to do lean production where things show up just as you need them. Yes, it makes your company vulnerable to supply disruptions, and the theoretical answer to that is to make your suppliers more reliable. Yeah, it sounds like bull****, but it's also in part why the Japanese car makers made better cars without them costing a whole lot more.

The classic example is that the motors show up months ahead of when they are needed. During those months the engines sit around as inventory a whole boaload of money is tied up doing nothing.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Sadly it is just the opposite. It is more efficient to do lean production where things show up just as you need them. Yes, it makes your company vulnerable to supply disruptions, and the theoretical answer to that is to make your suppliers more reliable. Yeah, it sounds like bull****, but it's also in part why the Japanese car makers made better cars without them costing a whole lot more.

The classic example is that the motors show up months ahead of when they are needed. During those months the engines sit around as inventory a whole boaload of money is tied up doing nothing.

From the original post, I dont understand what you are driving at..........

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Most of Japans damage was on the pacific rim and most of Suzukis' plants are on the western side of the country. Not a matter of thinking ahead, just the luck of the draw!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Couldnt tell what they were but a semi load of 2012 Cat sleds went across the Dam today:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features