• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

When riding do you wear.......

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
So this winter I have tried to pay attention to other ladies when riding. Do they wear make-up and why? What about jewelry and what kind and why?

SO ladies, do you wear make-up when riding, and why?

What about jewelry?

Do you do your hair before you ride?

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
So I will start, I don't wear any jewelry anymore, I used to not bother taking any of it off. But my rings spin in my gloves and my necklace is right on my collarbone, then my diamond earrings poke me in the head....SO I now don't wear any besides my body piercings. Take it all off the night before as in the AM my fingers are to puffy to take my rings off.

Make-up, I do sometimes wear some depending on what I am doing. If it is going to be a nice day helmet off I will do some eye make up only. But hate when the mascara runs, even the water proof. It takes about 5 minutes to do eye makeup at the most.

Hair, well I don't do anything but brush it before we leave, I have straight straight straight hair, so nothing really to do. I used to braid it when it was longer, and once it gets that long I will do that again (pigtails), I am not good enough at it to do a french braid or just one ponytail type. My hair will be in a knot if I tried to do that!! But for now I don't do much with it. When I did this it took me about a extra 10 minutes to do my hair. Hubby doesn't miss that I am sure....lol

So am I missing anything else? I wanna hear your opinions and how much time you take to get ready to ride in the AM. ;)

K

kiki

Nov 27, 2007
Lake Stevens, wa
Well here is my riding beauty regimen....I also take off all my jewlery, earrings out cause they poke my head, take my rings off because I am scared that I might pull them off with my gloves, also my ring flips around and digs into my hand. My hair I just brush out, this past season it was not long enough to really put up so I would put my bangs back in a barrett or bobby pins and call it good, this next season will be long enough so I will put it in two braids.
As far as my face goes I make sure to use a good moisturizer with sunscreen and I do put on a light layer of foundation and some blush, and I put on mascara, generally I am pale in the winter so any color helps for those photo opps:) most of my photos seem to be when I am stuck and helmets off, only time the camera seems to come out is if we are stopped! I don't spend a lot of time at it but I feel better with a little bit on:lips:

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I never take what jewelry I wear off... so ya, I wear some crazy dangly earrings when I ride! I don't wear rings or bracelets so no worries there.

Make up- no no no... no time for that fluff! Sunscreen and moisturizer is a must though.

Hair, now that it's short I wake up, shake it out and go! When it was longer, hats... always wearing hats!

Looooooowwwwwwwwwwwww maintenance girl! :face-icon-small-ton

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
I'm in LOVE with my extremem weather condition lotion and wear it all the time except REALLY hot spring riding... if it's a fliming or photoshoot day I throw on some make-up but it doesn't take me long and I don't do a ton, just some eye stuff and start with a very natural color lipstick... but I don't keep up on it throughout the day. i got some new mascara from clinque that only washes of in HOT water so I haven't had a problem with it running, LOVE THAT! also got some base stuff to put on my eyes before I throw a little make-up on so that it stays in place...

no earings, rings, yes but I have two basic rings that I wear at ALL times and they're very small -they do wear a hole in my gloves though! I just got a very cool new braclet from Off Road Vixens that I wiore last weekend and I have a feeling it won't get taken off now that it's on... I don't really deal with the putting on of jewelry but I like it... so I have some really basic stuff I can just wear all the time...

hair, generally when I wash my hair the night before the weekend i put some avacodo butter by burt's bees in it and just leave that in it all weekend and I don't touch it, even if I go out, i may wet it down but a brush never goes near it on the weekend -HUGE TIME SAVER when you have hair like mine!! It gets a litle wild sometimes but I really don't care that much for some reason! hats look crappy on me, some beanies look ok so I wear those a little bit... but mostly I go for the 'freshly fawked' look! hahahahahah

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
I don't wear jewelry when i go out. How and the heck do you get your helmet off without ripping your ears up? I put on some make up just so I look awake. lol and no I don't do my hair. it ends up a mess not matter what. so a hat is on the head to control it and keep my head warm. :face-icon-small-hap

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
I have a very quick makeup routine on the average day, and it's toned down on riding days. Big fan of the double french braids, which I do in the truck on the way to the hill if I'm sitting passenger.

On another note... I am ALWAYS ready before hubby. Like hours ahead sometimes. I make the lunches, feed the dogs, help load and tie down the sleds, fuel and oil up my sled, and make breakfast... What's up with that?

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
I wear no jewerly other than my watch. I have seen Brandy wear some danging earrings the times that I have rode with her, and it's amazes me.

As for make up, pretty much just mascara and some eyeliner, although I did put on some foundation, and some blush for the filming weekend that I went to a weeks back, and then this past weekend I watched Emily get dolled up.

My hair is fine and kinda long so there is not much that I can do with it when it comes to riding, so I pretty much get up in the morning and brush, and ponytail it. No point in styling it when it's going to under a helmet, and then I wear some kind of hat.

I can be ready to ride in less than 1/2 hour and that includes dressing.

K

kiki

Nov 27, 2007
Lake Stevens, wa
I have a very quick makeup routine on the average day, and it's toned down on riding days. Big fan of the double french braids, which I do in the truck on the way to the hill if I'm sitting passenger.

On another note... I am ALWAYS ready before hubby. Like hours ahead sometimes. I make the lunches, feed the dogs, help load and tie down the sleds, fuel and oil up my sled, and make breakfast... What's up with that?

DITO on the hubby part! I so can relate!:face-icon-small-ton

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
I too have been amazed this year by some gals looking so beautiful while out riding, they can do makeup, have perfect hair, and wear earrings under their helmets. I just can't seem to pull that off, lol.

No jewelry, my helmet fits good once it is on but it is a touch tight getting it on. Would rip my ears trying to wear earrings with it. Plus metal in my ears while it is cold out? I can feel the burn from here. My ring comes off, fingers shrink when it is cold out and I'm afraid I would loose it.

Makeup, the combo of sweat, moister from the snow, and my balaclava rule that out. My normal acne control stuff (riding makes my face break out big time anyway) and intense moisturizer with sunscreen is all that I put on.

Hair, sigh I wish I could take off my helmet and not look like a frizzy, rumpled mess. I always braid my pigtails, keep my hair out of my face and keeps some of the worst tangles under control. Hats are my friends....

All in all, it takes me a just a few minutes long then my guy in the morning to get ready, but that is because I have to put stuff on my face and braid the hair.

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Heck, I hardly wear make-up during the week! Certainly not going to put it on to ride. I almost only wear it for going out with friends. If your "new" I might put it on when you come over to my house. LOL!! Once your novelty has worn off though....you're only gonna get the "real" me. :face-icon-small-ton

I tried riding with earrings this year...inspired by Brandy....but no avail. Too uncomfortable. I did wear my ring more this year, but it still makes me nervous to ride with it when it's cold and my fingers shrink. I'd hate to lose it while riding!

Hair - brush it and go. Always bring a cap or a beanie. Shoot, with a hat and sunglasses, who would know how my hair and make-up look anyway?? I do sometimes carry along tinted lip balm. That's always a nice touch at the end of the day hanging around the sno-park or stopping for dinner.....while wearing a hat, of course! :face-icon-small-hap

mustanggirl

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2010
Washington
We take alot of pictures so I always put sunscreen, a little blush and mascara on. Brush the hair and put the CAT hat on and off we go! Shiny Side Up / Rubber Down!

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
I have a before ride routine I do. I always shower before we go on a ride. I don't like any hair spray residue in my hair I blow it, then throw on a bandana. I usually put eye make up on and my foundation with a good spf factor. As for Jewelery, I don't wear Jewelery except for hemp stuff my kids have made me. I always wear one of my hemp necklaces, taking a piece of my kiddies with me when we're riding. I always take off my wedding rings.

S

sled*dunk

Dec 3, 2007
Rock Springs, WY
I SHOULD take my earrings out but usually forget. Take my rings off because they hurt my fingers. Brush my hair is all. I do wash my face and put on foundation and waterproof mascara. I burn easily so foundation with spf and suncreen as well. Oh, and usually chapstick.

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
I don't wear jewelry, in fact my ears aren't even pierced! Metal allergies....so when I do get the chance it's off pretty quickly.

As for makeup, I always wear a foundation for sunscreen, but I pretty much do what I would do any other day.

My hair?? I have really long and really out of control hair...........it's futile to do anything with it when I sit in an office, let alone when I throw a helmet on it! It's pretty much going to do what it wants......and by the end of the day it's a sight to see (not a pretty one!) On the bright side though, my helmet hair is always good for a laugh or two! :)

:faint:

Premium Features