• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Senior project ideas?.....need some inspiration

Im a 16 year old junior and looking to maybe do my senior project over the summer, or atleast get started. I have a 2003 rx1 with about 3500 miles on it. Its got a 162 arctic cat skid 16 wide. Was thinking of throwing on a turbo kit (mcx or powderlites) and a nice tunnel and good climbing suspension. Is it worth building this sled or would it be a better idea to sell it and get an apex? I love those big horsepower turbo apex's. I know there heavy but ive ridden a couple and im addicted to that endless power and torque. Climbing is BY FAR my favorite thing to do so i think this would be an awesome sled to build and ride for my last season before i go into the navy. And i was hoping to give the sled to my dad as a surprise before i leave. Any and all ideas would be a great help. Or if its even practical?

-Garrett

Last edited:

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
Financially It doesn't make much sense. You can buy an already built Tpex for pennies on the dollar. I'd look elsewhere for a school project.

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
$10,000 school project!

If you got the funds why not, but it does sound like a bad investment financially.

Keep us updated with what you do.

If i were you id build something different like maybe built a turbo kit for an older cheap sled. Just buy some parts on ebay and figure it out... Im sure you can do it with some google and youtube skills.

-Matt

Premium Features