• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Back-country basics clinic, who wants to go with me?

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
So they are doing a dealer demo clinic at back-country basics with amber holt. I really wanna go to this on the week of may 9th-13th but you need at least 5 people to get the 110.00 deal and my dealer is a small one so they are not putting one together....Soooooo im looking for a couple of extra people to go that week with me????? I live in Kalispell, MT and could go for some car pooling to get this done! PM me peeps!!!!

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Backcountry Basics will be conducting one-day dealer demonstration clinics that will focus on Arctic Cat’s new 2012 ProClimb chassis. Clinics will be held at Island Park, ID, on 2,000 privately owned acres. Through the end of May, dealers are encouraged to come and bring their customers to try out the new 2012 models.

The demonstration rides include a full day of personalized instruction with professional Arctic Cat instructor Amber Holt. Novices to advanced riders are welcome to attend.

The course will instruct attendees on:

- Geometry techniques and the correct rider input for the new 2012 ProClimb chassis while technical mountain riding.

- Holt will address the importance of rider size to various chassis configurations and set up. This knowledge complements the new geometrical design and allows for rider ease that reduces fatigue.

- Clinic will cover several techniques for all level of riders to advance to their next skill level, break bad habits and fully enjoy the riding experience that the 2012 ProClimb has to offer.

- Best of all, this course is designed to help riders decide which 2012 Arctic Cat mountain sled will best fit their riding style and needs.

Clinics will be held until May 30 or as long as snow conditions (it’s still snowing in Island Park).

All riders must be 18 years of age to demo a machine.

Fee is $110 per person per day and includes sack lunch. Groups of 10 or more will be split into two days.

Contact Amber Holt at Backcountry Basics (509) 733-6464 or backcountrybasics@yahoo.com or log on to www.backcountrybasics.com.

Reasonable rates for accommodations, meals and non-ethanol fuel are available. You can ride from your hotel. Contact: Paul Woody at the Hungry Bear Market for hotel reservations (208) 316-1960.

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Talked to Amber and she is working on finding a group to squeeze me in with, but id still like to find someone from this area to split some gas and lodging with as it is about 8hrs from here!

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
I'd have a really hard time having a chick telling me how to ride. Just sayin.

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
pound for pound, amber can ride!!!!!!!!!!!!
great teacher,
took her class this winter with my wife, very very good class, she can teach anyone, she will find something in everyones style they can improve on...
i was the ignorant guy before i took the class, now , i am a believer....
Amber is the best!!!!!!

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
"Best of all, this course is designed to help riders decide which 2012 Arctic Cat mountain sled will best fit their riding style and needs."

Real good timing on this one--- where was this BEFORE Snowcheck??

"Dealers are encouraged to come and bring their customers to try out the new 2012 models"
I thought there not enough sleds/ xtra parts avaiable as to no demo rides.. now this, and right after Snowcheck!!!!!

Let's here it!!
:director:

S.C

Last edited:
D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Amber got in touch with the local dealer here of whom is one of my close family friends. This was back in January before the new chassis release.
He asked me if I would be interested in going to a clinic put on by Amber, and that she wanted to use his demo sleds to host it.
I laughed, he laughed, and it never happened.

Now the pitch is a class to teach you about the new chassis? AC should be doing this for free, in every loc-cal that has a solid dealer with people willing to buy.

My friend has snowchecked 3 new cats for people, and has 32 that he needs to sell.
Local Polaris dealer 30 miles away did their 2012 demo 2 weeks ago, they had the 63 pro, 53 standard, 53 assault, and 53 600, as well as another 63 turbo, the rush with the wierd rear susp. Hot dogs, chips, soda, and a warm handshake.
Last I heard they had 40 snowchecks for 2012, heck, If I could sell my 11 pro right now, they would have 41.

Premium Features