• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will the 1100T still alt. comp. with Hi-Jacker box??

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Want to get a new proclimb (seen them today in edmonton). Just dont know if I want to go 1100T or M800 an get aftermarket turbo. I got M1000 with boondocker box now and hate messing with numbers for riding back home and stuff so will the 1100T with the Hijacker to run 220-240HP be turn the key anywhere and go?? Thanks in advance, cuz really stressing what decision to make!!!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
hmmm... why dont you ask bd since im betting almost nobody on here has run a hijacker on the z1 trail sleds..

and for the power.. thats gonna be pushin the turbo up high, so dont think you can just crank it up quite as high as the trail sled guys can.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
You should probably slide in and chat with your dealer. 5 years on M7/M8 turbos and this winter on a stretched ZR1 with a Hijacker, and then a 350 kit....plus one of a few that has seat time on the new M1100T.:face-icon-small-win

It's only gonna make 16-17lbs at 6000', around here it made in the 20's. That's why he put the 350 kit in with the 2860. He can tell you everything you probably are wondering......as he did it on the seat this winter.

Last edited:

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Was at the Stoon show this week.......Harvey from Biggar Cat dealer showed me the box. I had the same question.....and no its not the same settings as the boondocker box for your M1000. It's really simple, the box has maps already set up for 180 all the way up to 280hp with 5hp increments. So set what horsepower you want to run (make sure you have the right fuel for the high numbers) and away you go.

Not to jack your thread but i'm curious to know if NM is going to have a Boost It system out for this sled next year (if its possible)

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
it will work, but not for long,
the engine usage on M is totally different then on z1.

even if you rise boost and fuel on the M11T (that is what HJ box do) you have to make hardware changes.

Want to get a new proclimb (seen them today in edmonton). Just dont know if I want to go 1100T or M800 an get aftermarket turbo. I got M1000 with boondocker box now and hate messing with numbers for riding back home and stuff so will the 1100T with the Hijacker to run 220-240HP be turn the key anywhere and go?? Thanks in advance, cuz really stressing what decision to make!!!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Was at the Stoon show this week.......Harvey from Biggar Cat dealer showed me the box. I had the same question.....and no its not the same settings as the boondocker box for your M1000. It's really simple, the box has maps already set up for 180 all the way up to 280hp with 5hp increments. So set what horsepower you want to run (make sure you have the right fuel for the high numbers) and away you go.

Not to jack your thread but i'm curious to know if NM is going to have a Boost It system out for this sled next year (if its possible)

Wont you need to change weights as you go up in HP?

S
Apr 9, 2009
Canada
I just spoke to D&D and they said the "easy jacker" is as easy as turning up the dial and hold on. No other changes requires except a little clutching past the 220hp and 91 octane is good until 240HP? Past that you will need AV or race gas and expect to improve your intercooler as well as air flow to have consistent power.

P

PIKER

Dec 4, 2007
Lethbridge Alberta
I just spoke to D&D and they said the "easy jacker" is as easy as turning up the dial and hold on. No other changes requires except a little clutching past the 220hp and 91 octane is good until 240HP? Past that you will need AV or race gas and expect to improve your intercooler as well as air flow to have consistent power.

Not sure I follow, you say you spoke with them but then end your hp comment with a question mark? Did they say 240 on pump "safely" in the mountains in deep and steep?

I just ordered a 2011 M1100t and I am very curious to learn more!!

Thanks,

Piker

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Jeff C.....yes you will have to do some clutching.

Sure hope Neil puts out a Boost It system for these......maybe the Boost It system would be another route instead of the ECU reprogram or Boondocker box. You would have to put a boost controller on it too i guess.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
better be upgrading the IC and turbo much over 220-230, the trail guys can run those levels alright, but they are hauling *** with no load. we have huge load and no speed = super hot charge temps, deto, etc.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
^^^^^ I was thinking the same thing after seeing them at the show. In the mountains you dont have the same amount of airflow and I'm assuming the vent in the nose right under the bumper is to get air to the turbo (cooling). But that would be covered in the snow.........that little turbo has got to put out same major heat especially after reprogramming the ECU or putting on one of these boxes.

Time will tell I guess........

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
i was talking to jeff from dakota performance after i ordered my m1100T he said he could put the easy jacker box on, bpm clultching and pipe and prob different intake and wastegate and i would be around 250 horse.

S
Nov 8, 2009
Michigan
Air intake on the new 1100T is right under the handle bars, two screens, that are about 8-10 long and oh 3" wide.... should have no problem getting air, unless u are in monster pow.

Talked to A/C engine tech at local show and he said you could go 260 hp without any changes.....

I would at least change the head bolts out. Pretty sure I am going w hi jacker box, sounds pretty easy to use and very very adjustable.

B
Dec 18, 2007
At low altitude the small factory turbo is already running 12 psi to make 177 H.P. Losing 3% for every 1000 ft you gain in altitude that little turbo will be pushing close to 14 psi. This is very close to the efficiency threshold of the stock turbo. If you think the factory set up is going to produce 220 - 290 H.P. with only the addition of a fuel controll box you are in for a big dissapointment come fall. I think 190's to 200 h.p. is a more realistic number to expect with an aftermarket fuel box. For the guys wanting to make serious reliable big HP on pump fuel you will have to upgrade the turbo. More boost doesn't always mean more H.P. volume and temperature play just as big of role as pressure. Our upgrade kit will include everything needed to produce these power levels. It will also include an altitude compensator and will not require any input from the rider as far as fuel mapping and tuning are concerned. This is going to be a great platform to build a 250 + H.P. mountain sled with.

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
did you realize that A/C make money with parts?

i tell you a secret, the stock engine make 300hp, just remove the hose, from the turbo waste-gate. but in that case you should have 2k USD by side after every ride.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Good to hear some common sense about the stock set-up. I was wondering how much more there was on the table with stock turbo already running 13PSI for 177HP. Sounds like you are just pouring heat into the cylinders once you get past the 200HP mark. I can especially see the heat being an issue with long deep powder pulls.

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Sorry its not an add to sell the sled, I pm with answers to the price to build and where the sled is located. As far as how did it do against the yammy, it is not a fair comparison. the yammy was a 180 mcx kit and was not even in the same category. All the yammies I have rode are 30g plus builds and I would personally still take this one. Taylor rode a 174 nitro with a 270 kit for a day previously and agreed he would take this all day long, hope this answers your concerns.

The above comments come from a thread on snow and mud - a Z1 extended to 162 and high jacked running in the mountains, found his thread interesting.

Premium Features