• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MC Xpress developing turbo/upgrades for 2012 1100

B
Dec 18, 2007
Erik, Alf, and the rest of the crew at MC Xpress are in the development process of an upgrade kit for the 1100 turbo as well as a complete turbo kit for the 1100 N/A motor. MCX is very framilliar with Arctic Cat snowmobiles and was actually hired by Arctic Cat to produce a factory turbo for the 660 four stroke in the early 2000's. The kit will use a larger turbo as MCX's famous fuel controll system to maximize horspower on pump fuel. There are no further details at this time but I will update the site as well as the forums as more details become available.

Thank You
Landon LeDuke
MC Xpress North America
(250) 562-4151

S
Sep 7, 2010
Erik, Alf, and the rest of the crew at MC Xpress are in the development process of an upgrade kit for the 1100 turbo as well as a complete turbo kit for the 1100 N/A motor. MCX is very framilliar with Arctic Cat snowmobiles and was actually hired by Arctic Cat to produce a factory turbo for the 660 four stroke in the early 2000's. The kit will use a larger turbo as MCX's famous fuel controll system to maximize horspower on pump fuel. There are no further details at this time but I will update the site as well as the forums as more details become available.

Thank You
Landon LeDuke
MC Xpress North America
(250) 562-4151

that was really helpful. thanks.

B
Dec 18, 2007
Still very early in development stages at this point. I am thinking we are still another couple of months from any horspower numbers and pricing. I can garauntee you it will be pasted all over the forums as soon as I have the details. Everyone at MCX Sweden and MCX North America are very excited about this project.

LL

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I'm curious as to why develop a turbo for the n/a engine and not improve on the turbo 1100, i'm not here to bash, i'm really interested in this new 1100t. If it turns out to be the sled I think it might be Ill be on one, so I want to learn everything I can about them.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Heck, I am wondering what to do with the other half's T660? Did they do they do all of them with the IH turbo? Is there anything left on the table beyond the stock 110 BHP that can be had with reliability?

Thanks Mike

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I have one on order...will be cool to see what you guys can get out of it...and how it sounds. :)

M
Feb 27, 2010
I'm curious as to why develop a turbo for the n/a engine and not improve on the turbo 1100, i'm not here to bash, i'm really interested in this new 1100t. If it turns out to be the sled I think it might be Ill be on one, so I want to learn everything I can about them.
they are working on one for the non-turbo because its 4gs cheaper.its better then taking off a turbo to put a bigger one on.i bet there well be supercharger kits soon for the non-t aswell.there is 35lbs diff between the turbo and non so i bet the mcx kit well keep it at 524ish so it won't be to hard to get it down to 500lbs .now the waiting game....

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
they are working on one for the non-turbo because its 4gs cheaper.its better then taking off a turbo to put a bigger one on.i bet there well be supercharger kits soon for the non-t aswell.there is 35lbs diff between the turbo and non so i bet the mcx kit well keep it at 524ish so it won't be to hard to get it down to 500lbs .now the waiting game....

The NA 1100 is 12:1 compression. You will not be able to boost that without lowering the compression at least one point if not a couple. The Boosted 1100 is 9:1 compression. It has a fuel system that is capable of handling high hp. What they need to do is find a bigger turbo that will bolt to the stock manifold on the 1100 turbo and it is simple as that. Or modify the compressor housing on the stock turbo with a custom compressor wheel. This could be done on the turbine housing as well.

Does anyone know what brand the turbo is that cat is using? I would think that the company probally makes different turbos as well. Not many reputable turbo companies out there that only make one size turbo.

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
How much does a mcx turbo weigh? Nothing, 0 lbs?

M
Feb 27, 2010
How much does a mcx turbo weigh? Nothing, 0 lbs?
once u remove the stock can and intake the mcx kit should keep it in the 525lbs range and as far as the compr goes all u need to do is add a head shim to the non-t to get it down to 9ish.what it all comes down to is if you want to hav warranty or just a sled with 200+hp.

B
Dec 18, 2007
Kits are in the works for the N/A and turbo engines. The N/A motor will likely use a head shim to get the correct compression ratio's. Shooting for 250 H.P. on pump fuel at this point.

LL

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
can't you only get the N/A in a 153 track though??? would have to spend the money to get it to 162 so mite be cheaper getting the 1100T and upgrade kit.. still REALLY dont know wat to do for m800 or 1100, cuz ride the trees lots but dont like messing around with 2 stroke fuel control for the turbos!

B
Dec 18, 2007
Some progress has been made. The boys in Sweden have sized everything up but will not have a complete kit until they receive a production machine in the fall to make sure there are no differences from the prototype. A kit will not be sent out until we are satisfied with the results and have sufficient testing time. I am hoping for late fall delivery but we will see how everything goes. I will keep you in the loop.

LL

Premium Features