• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow kills dirt?

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Does any other single skiers out there find that their desire to ride dirt has dropped to zero, or even lower since experiencing snowbiking? I went out for a big trail ride yesterday on dirt, and although it was a great event, I kept wishing I was on snow.

I'm thinking having 1 bike doing it all is the solution, as when I can be on snow, I'd rather be on snow. Then in the prime time in the summer, I can ride that same bike..

So, what is the ultimate driver snowbike? Lets put aside any dirt worthiness consideration, since Snow is my focus.

Has anyone used a 570 berg on Snow? Just wondering how bad the air box configuation is in powder.

Jon

F

funjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
Yes! 570 is awsome and does better on the snow then any 450 motocross bikes I have rode with. Not to put any bike down they all do good. My 570 will pull a whole gear higher. It's just a sweet bike

M
Jan 4, 2008
Have you had any problems with battery life and starting on snow? Been thinking of pulling the trigger on a FE570. Still debating on the Dual Sport or the Supermoto......Thanks!

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I feel you, but love the dirt.. This weekend heading over the pass to a huge desert race. it was tough and I did want to take a rip in the snow, then had the same issue on the way back..
The new Burgs are gifted with a very good DC power system.By far the best in the biz. I cant see them having any battery issues.

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Does any other single skiers out there find that their desire to ride dirt has dropped to zero, or even lower since experiencing snowbiking?

Ha, so much so, I'm contemplating not even switching the bikes back to wheels...maybe just wait for the snow to fly again! :clock:

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Does the airbox become a pain the butt on the 570? I know the new YZ450 with the airbox up front gets clogged really quick and then the melting snow has to be cleared out before storing the bike for the night if it's going to melt straight into your intake.

It does seem like the 570 is the bike of choice, although I have a 390 as a dirt bike.. Sucks to have to get yet another bike.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
Does any other single skiers out there find that their desire to ride dirt has dropped to zero, or even lower since experiencing snowbiking? I went out for a big trail ride yesterday on dirt, and although it was a great event, I kept wishing I was on snow.

I'm thinking having 1 bike doing it all is the solution, as when I can be on snow, I'd rather be on snow. Then in the prime time in the summer, I can ride that same bike..

So, what is the ultimate driver snowbike? Lets put aside any dirt worthiness consideration, since Snow is my focus.

Has anyone used a 570 berg on Snow? Just wondering how bad the air box configuation is in powder.

Jon

I have a buddy that has ridden the other snowbikes and he said he got to ride a 570 berg and a 450 kx side by side and he claims the geometry and power band of the 450 made it feel way faster and lighter than the bigger bike. I personally haven't ridden a 570 berg so I dont know

As for not liking the dirt, no way for me man, I got into building snowbikes so that I didn't have to wait for the dirt to return and I still have that need for the dirt. There is nothing like grabbing a handful of throttle in a loamy corner and going wide open into a nice double or triple. Ah so much fun!

F

funjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
I have rode a kx 450 a yamaha 450 both 2010 they might feel like they have more power because they rev to the moon. but you shift up a gear on the 570 and say goodbye. It will pull a hole gear higher. As far as the air box no issues. You can pull the seat with out any tools to check it.

Premium Features