• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project money pit...

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Well I bought my RMK 700 new in 2002. I have always wanted to build a mod sled and so this year I decied to.

I started this season with adding a PSI dial a dome head, thunder power jets, carbon fiber hood, Van Amburg wide running board kit, boondocker nitrous kit, new clutching, 911 clutch cover, and a bunch of powder coating.

So now this is the plan; I picked up a used turbo kit for an edge chassis from Shane Heart (awesome guy to work with). Then I found a used crazy mountain extreme 159 skid. I called Van Amburg about there boondock bumper kit with extension to bring my 144 to a 159. Then picked up a set of fabcraft lightweight trailing arms. I still need to pick up a few odds and ends. Then I plan on powder coating everything.

I will upload some pics tonight, at work right now. Im pretty excited about this build.

Last edited:
R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Well after talking to a few people it looks like ill be adding a 162 x 3in camoplast extreme along with a 5/8 drop and a new set of avid drivers to the build list.

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
D&R is done, proved to be a pain in the a$$! I have to thank fastrax for the help!!! Also my camo extreme 162 showed up. Hopefully if I find some time I can get it over to powder coat....

IMAG0126.jpg IMAG0127.jpg IMAG0128.jpg

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Wow! Looks like that was alot of work. I'm sure it'll pay off doing it the "right" way with the D&R though. I had no idea the jackshaft had to move so much! Looks good though.

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Wow! Looks like that was alot of work. I'm sure it'll pay off doing it the "right" way with the D&R though. I had no idea the jackshaft had to move so much! Looks good though.

I really could have gone without the channel, but with the brake rotor im running I didn't want to leave a big hole. Curt at fastrax suggested the channel, and they fabbed it up. Turned out very nice.

Honestly with all the work I wouldn't do it again. Im pretty sure if I removed the front cooler and ran 7 tooth drivers I could have cleared the 2.5 track. Thats what I get for wanting to run 8 tooth drivers.

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Its hard to tell in the pictures, but the majority was done in flat black and some was done in flat textured. I assembled the tail and part of the Van Amburg kit tonight. The contrast between the flat and textured looks awesome! Im excited! Probably won't get much done this weekend due to the snow show.

Premium Features