• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE TEST RIDDEN...rank the ProClimb

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
So what I am wondering is...of you who have test ridden the 1100t AND the 800...if you could rate some things for me.

Lets say that the 2010-11 m8 is a 8 out of 10 in the trees(weaving around trees, turning back up hill, side hilling, changing directions at slow speeds, feeling light/nimble etc) Poo Pro is probably right there at an 8.

With the 2010-11 m8 being the control, rank the proclimb 1100t w/ 40' stance, 1100t w/ 38" stance and the proclimb m8...out of 10 with the criteria of weaving around trees, turning back up hill, side hilling, changing directions at slow speeds, feeling light/nimble etc.

I know there are a handful of people who have tested...all the guys from mn, cpa, m8chris, justboostit, glenrmk, and others i am sure I am missing...Thanks in advance...

DamDave you are the only one I know of who has SPECIFICALLY ridden the 1100t test mule in the trees, and I know you talked some about how the 1100t did in the trees, anymore insight?

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
Some of the thoughts behind my "unofficial poll"...

I would have put this up as a poll, but I couldn't figure out how...b/c I'm basic?

All this talk about the 1100t coming out with 38" ski stance has me seriously thinking. I snowchecked a proclimb 800 162 snopro but left my order open because I am trying to decide on the color. I had decided 800 over 1100t b/c while I really really really want that kind of power especially with a factory warranty, I didn't think it seemed like it was worth the $$$(which is a big factor in my decision) for what would be a big gain in weight and loss in handling. Especially when I was going to have to pay to get 38" stance and vert post. With the rumors of changes that are surfacing, I am reconsidering.

MAYBE the 1100t IS WORTH A TRY? Is the extra power worth the extra weight in the trees? I am 6'3", 255ish(hope to lose the cheapest 30 lbs on the sled this summer
clip_image001.gif
)so I can throw a sled around. I know I will love it on the point and shoot climbs and in the ultra steep and deep. But I am worried the trees will make me regret it. A buddy had an Doo 1000 skidmark...eh I mean high mark. What a tank. Good power on the flat or in straight shot situations buy boy that thing sucked, literally had a mind of its own, if it had to go anywhere but straight. I don't want to be that guy. Big power, can't keep up in the trees.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
We MN boys realy can't tell you, we did not ride an 800.

We did have our own sleds with. A new XP a '10 m-8, 1000 mod King Cat, and some others including Hilly's Ovation. He sold his M 1000. The queen of the party. I wish we had a picture of the guys riding that.

Owen

PS the narrower ski stance was talked about and we thought it will help.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I didn't ride them enough to call it a test, plenty of other reviews now to back up every thing I said about them. not going to tell somebody what to buy, everyone has different needs

I snow checked a M800 50th Anniversary retro black 153, should come with vertical steering but will be converted if it doesn't, will probably get 38" wide a arms as well, that is how I spent my money

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
IMO

Flickability

09-11 M8 8
M1000 6.5
11 PRO RMK 8.5
12 Pro Climb M8 38-40" 9
12 Pro Climb M1100 with Vertical steering and 38" stance 7

not to get off subject but the Poo Pro when in the footwells you really are leaning forward to grab the bars.This hinders aggressive bottom turns for me. Hows the new cat stance,looking for a more neutral stance?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
not to get off subject but the Poo Pro when in the footwells you really are leaning forward to grab the bars.This hinders aggressive bottom turns for me. Hows the new cat stance,looking for a more neutral stance?

Disclaimer, this is just my opinion, how it FELT to me when
i rode the them, I cant prove it

I felt at home right away on the Proclimb, It felt very natural, foot wells and bar position were perfect on 2012 M800, I have to jump around more on my 2011 M8 to do the same things, in fact my M8 feels like a tank now, just my 2c, take it or leave it

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
Oh poor dave...

I didn't ride them enough to call it a test, plenty of other reviews now to back up every thing I said about them. not going to tell somebody what to buy, everyone has different needs

I snow checked a M800 50th Anniversary retro black 153, should come with vertical steering but will be converted if it doesn't, will probably get 38" wide a arms as well, that is how I spent my money

Sounds like someone has had there head bitten off more than once...it is really sad.:face-icon-small-sad

YOU GUYS DID THIS TO HIM!!!:brokenheart:

Just to clarify tho, I don't want anyone to make a decision for me or tell me what to buy....but b/c of no demos I have to make my decision on limited info and I am curious to hear the comparisons I outlined in my above posts....(Dave, maybe PM me if you don't want to do it on here???...I'd love to hear you thoughts, sounds like we ride similarily)

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
For "samiams2"

You've seen what I've wrote after the demo ride. After reading it some might think I was a Cat mole for the praise I was gushing like a little school girl:heart: In my original post I wrote I loved the mule for the obvious power it had over the stocker and the rider forward bar. The 38" stance was less of a factor in the handling than the bar position was for me. The ski stance is a benefit but because of what I currently ride the position the bar made the weight easier to handle than my Apex.

I can't tell or rate on how it does beside the M8. I've rode 4s for 4 years. My buddy rode 10lb 2s turbos for 5 years. We do a lot of tree riding. I've learned to ride with him. Can I do it as easy as him, no. Can I do everything he does, no. Is he riding 2s next year, no.

What I can do is rate how well that sled is compared to the 4s world as I know it, lightweighted and highly powered.

1. Power will be 300+ for less than what I spend on my Apex to do that.

2. The chassis is waaay easier to roll than mine, or Nitros I've rode.
I find the new chassis, not the fact it was a 4s, was bang on for me. I could ride that M1100T better than the 2011 pump gas 800 we brought to compare, it wasn't even close. I have very limited time on the seat of the M chassis as I could never get comfortable on it. But that being said I had 15 minutes on the ProClimb and I knew it was for me......and if you've missed it, I've never owned a mountain Cat model.

3. It will be 40lbs lighter when I'm done than my Apex without spending 10K to do it.

I'm not trying to convince the 2s guys it's the Cat's (hehe) pajamas. You either want to switch to 4s for the obvious reasons or you don't. For the 3 reasons above I snow checked one. If I hadn't gotten to ride it, I wouldn't. Yami 4s guys are pretty hard to make jump ship, especially if there aren't any other 4s options, well now there is.:heh:

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
JBI could you give some details on this part...."I could ride that M1100T better than the 2011 pump gas 800 we brought to compare, it wasn't even close."

Thanks. sj

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Just never was comfortable on the M chassis. That is what my riding buddy's riden for years. I got on the new chassis and it took 15 minutes to feel like it was built for me and my riding style. I could not make the M8 do want I wanted as easily as the M1100T, and that had nothing to do with the 4s, that should make it harder with weight. I just don't feel weight after riding with it on 4s for years. Steering effort, weight distribution, and vertical post were all good for me. It didn't have more power than the 10lbs M8 but I could ride it where I wanted with less effort honestly. Sure when I get on a 2s I feel the weight difference but it's not enough to make up for the power and torque I like to ride with.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Here is my opinion on the sleds that I have ridden

I agree with GlennRMK for the most part

09-11 M8--8
M1000---8 with proper suspension set up
11 PRO RMK---8.5
12 Pro Climb M8---9
12 Pro Climb M1100turbo wide front end terrible stearing post---about as flickable as my cummins

I'm snowchecking a Snopro 800 162" tomorrow for me.

I am also really considering selling my wifes M7 also and getting her an HCR if you can now get it will the narrow front end.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Disclaimer, this is just my opinion, how it FELT to me when
i rode the them, I cant prove it.

if we are rating them for ease of "tree riding" for normal sane folks:face-icon-small-win

10-11 M8--8 The standard, if the standard is an 8

Then the rest

M1000-Stock--6.5 just never a fan

M1000-piped-good tune--7.5

11 PRO RMK 155--7.8 remember in the trees, never felt the WOW factor in the trees, climbing and deep powder float give it a 8.5

12 Pro Climb M8 153--9.2 WOW

12 Pro Climb M8 162--9 felt like a 153

12 Pro Climb HCR M1100T 42 in wide H steering post---6
about as flickable as your Cummings, hill climbing give it a 9

12 Pro Climb M1100T with Vertical steering and 38" stance, give it a 7, the turbo fun factor adds a little, not hard to improve for some that dont mind the weight, could be a 7.5 if it lost 50 pounds

nobody asked but the goat trail ride in and out

any Proclimb 9 better rear shocks and it could be a 10
10-11 M8 6.5 but it gets me there

Last edited:

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
ill give the 10 m8 an 8 as well.
PRO RMK 9.5
Pro climb 162 9.5 its right there with the pro. I never spent any time on the 153 but I can only imagine how easy that sled is to throw around. I'm still thinking the pro is going to get on the snow better then the pro climb.

Sometimes when I'd be in the trees and need to jump on the other side my sled would just tip over and I'd be out of control. maybe i wasn't that good doing it. but on the pro assault and the pro climb when I'd have to quickly jump on the opposite side and go up hill it would go where I was wanting to not go all over the place running over trees like on my 2010.

Those of you who are planning on getting a pro climb are going to be very very happy with your sled...

Those of you who are planning on getting a polaris pro are going to be very very happy with your sled...

those of you who are planning on getting a ski doo....WHY are you planning on doing that??

Oh yeah the 1100 turbo I never took that sled into the trees because I didn't like the steering post. with the vertical steering it might be easier. maybe an 8?? I can't say for sure.. the power was there though!

Premium Features