• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Climb 800 HCR at Jackson Hole, Video.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
That was pretty cool. I wish once the run began, they would've killed the music and just let us enjoy the sound of that high pressure BoonDocker kit! Did anyone else notice what happened at 1:05 in???????? Pretty funny since this is a cat vid.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Doesn't look like 'just a poo' to me. Could be wrong, but appears to be Burandt. My opinion .......kind of a Haha at him, but I promise he has been smiling all year. I find it funny cause I believe he did a lot for cat and they make this poke out of his element....... apples to oranges. Apples to apples would've been a shot of Keith Curtis on one of his BoonDocker polaris mod sleds. I know, the vid wasn't a comparison between sleds and the proclimb M did look very impressive, with one of the best on it. (By they I'm referring to whoever edited the video)

Haha just a dumb observation and opinion. Sure wish I could get 10 minutes on the new chassis.

Last edited:
S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
Doesn't look like 'just a poo' to me. Could be wrong, but appears to be Burandt. .

Yes that was Chris Burandt. I have watched him race at jackson before and it seems to me he goes from trying too hard to going too slow and thinking too much. If I was him I would run every class so he could get more hill time. But he ran just one class this year and from the video you can see what happened.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
cool video.shows 100% rider on a big bucks sled.

Last edited:
R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
So what exactly is cat besides the 800 engine and the green side panels, tunnel and track?

Not too much, ez ryde skid, custom drop brackets for the skid, one off z broz front arms and exit shocks, they custom bilt steering for the sled so it layed down more like traditional steering since the HCR has vertical steering (backwards from what most on here want) and of course jared sessions personally tuned and setup the turbo setup, strong runner for sure though...

as for the burandt deal, you can only compete in four classes at Jackson unlike the normal five for the RMSHA circuit, so that pretty muchl imits him to 800 improved and open mod. All his sleds are too built to run the stock class i believe, i could be wroog though. And Poo didnt give him a stocker 600 to race this year because it would have had to be an IQ chassis as the Pro 600 is a prototype and would have had to race in the open class as well. And beyond all the technical stuff, he is just a special invite to draw a crowd, he didnt qualify for any of the races....he comes and rides the course every year, just not his type of rididng

L

Lambert454

May 1, 2009
mcCall, Idaho
Yep, cause they hired Philip Yribar (208 films) to do it... they need to give him more work. Dude's video style really grabs you & forces you to pay attention.

Pretty cool, beautiful video. Few people could make a hill climb vid in a unnatural setting so attractive.

Actually Arctic Cat hired Stephen Clark to do the video and then Stephen Clark hired 208 Productions Phill Yribar and myself Tyler Lambert. We had an extremely low budget and their were just the three of us. Im pretty stoked how it came out and Im glad you guys like it!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Actually Arctic Cat hired Stephen Clark to do the video and then Stephen Clark hired 208 Productions Phill Yribar and myself Tyler Lambert. We had an extremely low budget and their were just the three of us. Im pretty stocked how it came out glad you guys like it!

I've seen a lot of Stephen's photo work, didn't know he did vid as well. He's a great photag.

You guys did a great job, I saw it on your GB page, but didn't realize that you did some of the shooting, pretty cool.

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Hrm...

Well too bad I can't show my die hard cat friend this... School sucks.... Amazing though.... Love the music just seperate... and they should have put a Go Pro on him!!! Oh well...

Premium Features