• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom exhaust

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
So question?? Can we make our own exhaust can for this sled.. I was thinking of cutting the inlet and outlet off the stock one and weld em up to a straight pipe.. Its cheap real cheap and the lights u can get.. Pros cons.. Ideas. Thanks

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
the 1100t straight piped wont be real loud, my apex had a 12"x3" straight down pipe off turbo and wasent even as loud and some 2 strokes, ill be doing mine aswell with larger outlet pipe and inlet pipe.

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
No more loud sleds for me. I'd like to keep riding and loud sleds just create more problems. So keep those loud sleds up their in remote Canada. We have enough problems down here in the US keeping our riding areas open.:present:

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I would think a good proven high flow muffler like from a sport bike could easily be retrofited to flow well, cut alot of weight and keep the noise low. Maybe like a carbon fiber one or a aluminum bodied one. I too don't want a loud sled i do though want a nice exhuast tone to it. I would like to be quiet enough to use communicators with the VOX feature.

The turbo itself is a great muffler.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
if you route a straight pipe out through side of the belly pan,flames will shoot out and keep your foot warm.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I thought I saw a Dyno run from Speedwerx where they were testing their Z1 turbo muffler, and straight piped ran the same as their new muffler, as in it gained the same HP...

Not that I am advocating straight pipe, but having a high flow muffler should open the door to the superbike mufflers etc. etc.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I thought I saw a Dyno run from Speedwerx where they were testing their Z1 turbo muffler, and straight piped ran the same as their new muffler, as in it gained the same HP...

Not that I am advocating straight pipe, but having a high flow muffler should open the door to the superbike mufflers etc. etc.

I totally agree, sport bike muff. Turbos don't like restriction after the turbo. Ask any 4 stroke turbo builder. I am not all for loud though. I just want a sporty sound with high flow. A nice eurpeon formula one throaty sound would be nice.

stocksucks!!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
fort st john b.c
www.powderking.com
thnak you all... lightning800 i totaly.. the old dodge neon srt 4 turbo was pretty much straight piped and not that loud.. i live in a treuck town lots of diesel trucks straight 4 inch back not as loud as some of the guys with gas trucks with flowmaster or magnaflow mufflers on them.. so i think i will try it out i should be able to build on for under 15 bucks.. get it ceramic or powder coated for another 30-50.. thats money in the bank..
what my goal is is the most weight savings posible!!! my 09 m8 with mbrp can and a y pipe on it was probly louder than what this will be..:face-icon-small-coo

347strokin

Sep 1, 2008
Peachland, BC
I had my 08 TNytro straight piped and it was still too loud for me. Not to mention it sounded horrible. The 1100T sounds bad as it is so straight piped I think it will sound worse. I think you guys are right though, the sportbike exhaust is good thinking. I'm running a MIG carbon fiber exhaust from an R1 on my S/C Apex and it sounds so sweet.

F
Apr 5, 2009
if i got a 1100t i want to have a exhaust that has a nice tone but still legal for db levels. but when im going across the lake racing soe one or out in the mountains i want to be able to have a straight pipe. i though one of the companies had something like that and i had a pretty neet way of maybe hiding the switch. but is there a exhaust that it like that?

thanks

Premium Features