• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat is playing us....the weights are going to be much lighter!!!

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
did anyone watch snowtrax today? Todays Snowtrax episode spoke about the 2012 model sleds for each manufacture. The arctic cat team manager said they pulled out 50 pounds on the 800, 1100 lost 65 lbs, and the turbo sled lost 80-85 lbs. Am I missing something, if not thats amazing if comparing to the 2011 models? I DVRd the show and have rewatched it 3 times. If this is the case they lightened the proclimb up big time.

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
ya they are lighter, BBBUUUTTT, only the short track sleds lost the weight, that chassis was very heavy. the mountain m sleds were in a different chassis, which were lighter, so i don't think they will be lighter by much. thats what u r missing he was talken short track sleds.

Rod

B

barry1me

Mar 12, 2009
MI
ya they are lighter, BBBUUUTTT, only the short track sleds lost the weight, that chassis was very heavy. the mountain m sleds were in a different chassis, which were lighter, so i don't think they will be lighter by much. thats what u r missing he was talken short track sleds.

Rod

ahhhhh....He had an HCR 1100 turbo behind him when he was talking...I figured he was reffering to all the sleds. I forgot that the trail sleds had a different chassis then there mountain sleds. Im used to the XP chassis and how its basically the same on trail sled and mountain sleds. Well thats a bummer. I was pretty excited..

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Correct me if I am wrong but they said they removed 64 lbs. Off the front end.... That does NOT mean 64 lbs. Off the sled...

As in moved weight... They moved the battery to the back, they moved gas back to be track weight versus ski weight...

It is cute wording, but they did not move weight off (at least that much) off the sled...

M
Feb 27, 2010
ahhhhh....He had an HCR 1100 turbo behind him when he was talking...I figured he was reffering to all the sleds. I forgot that the trail sleds had a different chassis then there mountain sleds. Im used to the XP chassis and how its basically the same on trail sled and mountain sleds. Well thats a bummer. I was pretty excited..

with the new chassie that is the same on the new one they lost the weight on them more then any other model.u have o remember this new sled is based off there race sled that are all in the 450lbs range .so if a 153 in the new chassie is 464lbs like current,lose the can -15lbs atleast the new anew huge and on the turbo spedwerx claims -10lbs and +10hp.187hp and still stock....i hope the summer goes by fast,

Premium Features