• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 800 HCR, SNOPRO or Standard

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
i usually pick the sno pro, but am not too big of a fan of the float shocks anymore, im really hoping it lays over easy enough that the extra width of the HCR isnt as noticble as previous years...

otherwise ill probably endup with a hcr and get reg width a-arms.

im buying one, but cant decide which one till i ride them :(

-Aksnopro

C

Crusty82

Jan 27, 2010
Thats also were I am at.
I think the HCR i badass. Put don`t like the ekstra width.

Maybe I can ask my dealer if he would trade them with regular ones.

The shorter radiator on HCR is also a questionmark...

The 153" tunnel is the same on all of them??? The HCR 153" hasn`t 163" tunnel???

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Like everything about the HCR except the A-arms. Hoping I can get my dealer to swap those and have GSR throw a shorter shaft on the shocks and be good to go. Really like the Evol shocks, steering, gauge, track, cooling, and colors on the HCR but wont ride a wide one again.

C

Crusty82

Jan 27, 2010
Can't you just change the A-arms?

Is the difference in width noticable? Have never ridden HCR. Only snopro with the skis mounted in center

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
i rode the HCR when it first came out and i was extremely impressed with how nimble and flick-able it felt over my 07 M8 i didn't think there was any issue of laying it over, but to each his own too!

B
Nov 26, 2007
personally i'd go with the SP in orange, I like the floats overall once you get them valved properly... to bad they don't make the 800 in the white LE version...

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Tough decision here for me. The '12 HCR looks soooo nice!!! I love the white/green combo!! Quite possibly the best looking Cat ever. Problem for me is the wide stance and I was going ot up to the 162. Decisions decisions.

Joe

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
I think im going with a standard 162, like the black with a little green.

BUT of course they wont build the choice you want, so i dont know what im doooiinn.

rod:face-icon-small-dis

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I think im going with a standard 162, like the black with a little green.

BUT of course they wont build the choice you want, so i dont know what im doooiinn.

rod:face-icon-small-dis

They dont list a Standard 162 only 153

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
Planning on the base model 800, primarily for the conventional steering as I think it will make for an easier transition from my current Doo. Since I intend to go with high end coil over shocks with Ti springs there's no sense in paying the extra for floats either. The all black color also makes for a better base "pallet" to accommodate different color schemes. Gotta stick with green or orange if you go with the Sno Pro or HCR, not that there's anything wrong with that...:face-icon-small-hap

C

Crusty82

Jan 27, 2010
Is there anyone that have some more info about the difference in cooling on HCR vs snopro?

What is everyones opinion on the 85duro vs 80?

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I don't care about the floats either but i NEED 162 and I WANT vertical steering...so I went with the 162 Sno Pro. Color wasn't a deciding factor. I woulda liked to go with the std but needed those things.

Thats just me...

Thats just what I did...

But keep in mind....I am a stupid poser flatlander.:face-icon-small-win

Snowriver

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2011
what is the exact difference between the snopro and hcr ?
this i know
width
track
cooler
suspension
and color ?? !!!!
thinking of a sp but maybe a HCR with narrow front end

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
SP 162. Wish in came in black though. That cat green and Orange has got to be the two ugliest colors I have seen on a sled. Oh well....I guess its not about looks!

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
somebody was saying last week that the HCR shocks were not Evol Rs just Evols. So there seems to be confusion between the information. I have no clue which they are but I just remember reading someone say they were not Rs.

Premium Features