• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

question on timbersled handling

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
I built my own kit for my bike that modeled the timbersled. I used a ski doo precision ski (only 5.5"wide), because I couldnt afford a simmons at the time. yesterday I was bustin drifts in the ditches and it seemed like the bike plowed through the drift faces instead of jumping up them. would the wider simmons ski help the bike go up and over or is it just how bikes handle?

oh yea funny thing. last weekend I was jumping it and the ski broke off, that was interesting!

any info would be great,

thanks,
tom

snowbikestuck.jpg snowbikebrokenski.jpg

R
Feb 5, 2011
Priest Lake
I use the Simmons Gen II 10" wide ski

I kept my fat ski off of my 2Moto and use that most of the time. If the snow is set up or it was just a trail ride (never) I put the MH ski on.
One of our group has an Exployer ski with a MH ski saddle and it works the best all around. OK on the trail and wide enough to float in the powder.

You should be able to find some Gen II fat skis used and make side runners, taller carbides and shark fin to fit it. Without the side runners the ski will wash out on side hills and in the corners.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Ive got a 2moto gen2 ski for sale. very little use. with Bovin twin axes. 325.00

Last edited:
Premium Features