• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bars way too tall!!

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Can somebody connected to the top of cat let them know their bars on the adjustable posts are way too tall. Climbed on that thing and in the very lowest position they still felt uncomfortably high. I like my current bars all the way down for boondocking and the new one's clear down felt like they were close to the middle for my 09. I am 5'9" so pretty average height.

Anyone else experience that?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I agree and I'm 6'1". When i looked at them I put the bars all the way down while everyone else was putting them all the way up. Bars are better if they are lower for boondocking.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I you stand up straight on it do you have to lean down to grab the bars or are they already in your hands. In reality bar height is an easy adjustment, even if it means cut and weld or what ever, but you might have to give up the adjustable if theres not enough room. You have to ride them first anyway to know.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
I agree, I like my arms level almost when stading, im 5'6" and added 2 inches to my 09 adjustables and now i ride with them in that position all the time.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I like them up but them I'm 6'4", although I can scratch my knee without bending forward! You will never build a sled that fits everyone the way they want it. I used to seee guys barely 5 foot tall riding a rev, they never could get their knees to come together again, but they were happy!

offroadmatt

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2008
Sweetwater, CO
I ride with mine all the way up always. Don't even know why they are adjustable. Only time I put mine down is to fit the cover over them a little better. Hate having to bend over to grab the bars. I do wish they were forward a bit more though.

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
I'm 5'11, on my 09 M8 I had the adjustable bars almost in the lowest position, couldn't stand them any higher. When I got my Tnytro I thought I was going to need the bars in a lower position as well, not the case actually the opposite. So it's obviously sled specific, hopefully on this new cat the bars actually are at a proper height and we won't need to mod them once we actually try it out:)

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I ride with mine all the way up always. Don't even know why they are adjustable. Only time I put mine down is to fit the cover over them a little better. Hate having to bend over to grab the bars. I do wish they were forward a bit more though.

If you want them forward more then drop them all the way down and get a 5 inch riser and roll the bars ahead with it. The bars actually come back about 1.5 inches as you extend the telescopic post.

Last edited:
S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca

AMP makes a riser that moves the bars forward. I had one and it was well made and the slight change in bar position was nice.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I love the adjustable bars on the 12 Sno Pro M8. I'm 6'3" though

This will be the first sled I won't have to add a riser too.

I have the 1.5" riser on top of my 2011 adjustable post and its just about right.

Can't wait to ride the 2012. I really liked sitting and standing on it. Real comfy.

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
thats good to here. i put a 5" riser on my 08 and a 6" on my 07 (m8's) and they still could come up a couple more, just don't want to lengthen brake line and wiring. can't wait to try the 12's out.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I guess some of you posers could use some highway pegs too.

I'm 6'6" and drop them all the way when doing the nasty steep back country riding, when they are up you will just wash out. The only time they are up is beating the trail.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
When standing up straight and hanging onto handlebars I want my forearms level. (not reaching down)

Nobody else noticed this?

Seriously, you want your forearms level? you're losing so much power in technical terrain it's not even funny.

It's not a bike, you don't want the bars in front of you, you want to be reaching down so when you start to roll the sled, you're using your body instead of your shoulders.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
these bar height threads are nothing short of "what clutching is the best"...:face-icon-small-dis

for me, i love my bars slammed all the way down, butt high in the air so my riding buddies have something nice to stare at all day, good times!

Premium Features