• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro-Climb Steering Question

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
I am not sure on the details of the 2 different steering options

Hopefully, somebody on here can clear this up for me:face-icon-small-con

I am pretty sure that I prefer the conventional steering over the vertical steering.

My question is: Can you get the conventional steering on the Sno Pro or are you mandated to the vertical steering on the Sno Pro models?

Anybody know FOR SURE??

Thanks

Kelsey

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
the proclimb comes with the stand up adjustable steering post and the f and x models come wth the solid lay back hope it helps

It's a little more than that on the proclimbs. All M 1100 4-strokes come with the lay back/conventional steering. The base M800 comes with the conventional steering while the Sno Pro and HCR M800s come with the vertical steering.

Also read on here that the two styles are relatively easy to swap out on the 2-stroke 800s. Not sure if the vertical steering is even possible on the 4-strokes though.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I've been told that it isn't an option on the fourstrokes

Part of the engine needs the space required.

Owen

M
Feb 27, 2010
I am not sure on the details of the 2 different steering options

Hopefully, somebody on here can clear this up for me:face-icon-small-con

I am pretty sure that I prefer the conventional steering over the vertical steering.

My question is: Can you get the conventional steering on the Sno Pro or are you mandated to the vertical steering on the Sno Pro models?

Anybody know FOR SURE??

Thanks

the motor is in the way to switch a turbo to vertical but u might beable to do it on the non-turbo because there wel be a bit more room.on the 800s you can do what ever u want. i hope the adjustable setup is a stronger one then current.everything looks alot better.

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
so my question is my current 2010 sled has which style on it?

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
I much prefer the suspension on the Standard M8 and I prefer the conventional steering over the vertical steering..

The standard M8 is perfect except for the 153 (I prefer the 162) and if the gauge is like the old style with tiny readouts..

So, if I get the Sno Pro I will be switching out the shocks with the Standard M8 and the track will never see the snow either..

Too bad Cat does not offer the standard in the 162 with the better gauge..

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Dealer said there will be kits to switch from one system to the other

drive down to Layton March 21st and look for yourself

http://www.snowsneakpeek.com/

rep at the expo also told us that there will be kits to convert the conventional to the vertical post in the future. he didnt specify whether it was just for the standard m8 or if it would also work on the 4smoke though.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262067

in this thread there are pics of both I believe.

on the 800:
yes the sno pro/hcr come with the 162 and fox floats all around and vertical steering.

the std is zero pros and 153 only with conventional steering.

They say vertical steering is like the current m.

just what I heard.

kelsy u goin with juat the 800 or u gonna try the 4banger too?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I would like to ride an M with the "conventional" steering then. The "vertical" steering on my M has always felt to me like I was trying to steer a scooter or something,.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I much prefer the suspension on the Standard M8 and I prefer the conventional steering over the vertical steering..

The standard M8 is perfect except for the 153 (I prefer the 162) and if the gauge is like the old style with tiny readouts..

So, if I get the Sno Pro I will be switching out the shocks with the Standard M8 and the track will never see the snow either..

Too bad Cat does not offer the standard in the 162 with the better gauge..

Yep, need a 162 with the coil overs and zero pros.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The steering is 2 vs. 4 stroke dependent. The vertical post is what they originally designed for the proclimb chassis, but wouldn't fit with the 4 stroke motor. They designed the other system for the 1100 motor sleds. Non of the 1100 sleds will have the adjustable post. The only sleds you can get the adjustable post on is the 800, but not in the STD. model 800. On the STD 800 you can add it as an option like you could this year. They are working on an adjustable post for the thumper, but you probably won't see it until next year.

Last edited:

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
steering stout

the conventional steering post is stout, well stout looking and really well supported and ver very simple. Also would lend its self to a chrome moly replacement cause flex is not going to be as big a deal as the old cats.

I agree with you Kelsey, would like to buy 800 162 non adjustable steering, std shock no floats. Like a lot of really good ideas that maybe in the end lack execution I would pay extra not to have floats anymore, I ride with fox std shocks, more options, better in the woods, floats gathering dust.

Premium Features