• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

proclimb 800 good, 1100t not so good.

Nov 27, 2007
okay, im sure i`ll get flamed for this but i`think its is worth saying. the 800 looks good and will probonly be a great sled . the motor is awesome(same as this year), the chassis looks cool, and i`m sure it will handle better than an xp!!!(lol).
however, the 1100t would have been a gamechanger, 4 years ago. peoples riding has changed from trying to get overhills, to exploring deep and steep in trees.
with all the advances in 2 stroke turbos over the last 3 years, why do you need an extra 100lbs. yes it will last longer,but how many people keep a machine for more than 3 or 4 years anyways.

is it just for epa, maybe.
is it just a stop gap until ac takes over their own engines in 2013, probably

if you look back at the memorable mountain machine breakthroughs,(in the last10 years) the have all revovled around weight, not hp.

flame away guys you won`t my feelings!!!!!

F
Oct 29, 2010
I'd say the reasoning behind changing sleds every 3-4 yrs is due to the fact that they don't last. If 4 stroke sleds were around ten years ago, then there would be more advances in this technology and wieght also. Oops.. sorry Yamaha! Well one manufacture has been around for ten. The tech is here to do it.... what are you willing to pay for this lightness you speek of. 4 strokes aren't for everyone, niether are 2s. With the selection that all the manufactures give I think we all should simply choose what fit our personal needs and pursue that issue rather than critisize. I want to try'em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
if you look back at the memorable mountain machine breakthroughs,(in the last10 years) the have all revovled around weight, not hp.

flame away guys you won`t my feelings!!!!!

Is this some sort of joke?

S

slednutz

Nov 28, 2007
Pipestone, MN
www.theslednutz.com
So your saying that people didn't upgrade their m series sleds when they updated to the HO motor? I guess I may be wrong but I would assume more people would switch for a 10 HP increase than a 15 pound drop in weight.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
So your saying that people didn't upgrade their m series sleds when they updated to the HO motor? I guess I may be wrong but I would assume more people would switch for a 10 HP increase than a 15 pound drop in weight.

Hmmm...doubt it. Although the RMK 900, RT1000, and M1000 all come to mind when you talk like that.

Now change chassis' and drop weight, you'll have every kid out there trading in.......if they kept the same chassis and added HP(2010 Cat) I didn't really see too many people hop on that wagon.(Although the HO is a world different than the non-HO version.)

Rumour has it the 1100T can drop about 40lbs pretty easy and most dealers are already aware(if you were at the show) which means IT WILL SUPRISE come next season. I sure hope so, I'm game for the 800 myself and my type of riding(short and steep, and boonin') but if I was a Revy regular I'd definately be on the 1100T.......with that being said....if I was a Revy regular I'd already have a Yammi Turbo tearing sht up!

Nov 27, 2007
no i`m not joking.
04 rev lighter than anything else that year
05 m-7 less cc lighter weight, more than held its own
(succesive 800-1000 were very good.)
08 xp lighter than anything else
2011 pro rmk.

higher hp, heavier sleds not as popular
00 thundercat 1000
05 900 polaris
06 rt 100
not sure if i would include the m1000 but i`m sure the m-8 outsells by alot.

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
I understand the concern about weight as it concerns me as well. But the potential of this little twin 4 stroke is just to much for me to ignore. I will have a 2012 m8t as well but these 1100 Ts have had my attention for 3 years. These motors are the real deal and capable of BIG power on stock parts. Glenn at D&D knows as well as these guys.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TurboDynamicscanada#p/u/54/Gk0GVG8T-yw

Nov 27, 2007
yes i agree. that motor is wicked. i have spent the last 3 years riding sleds ; 4 stroke turbos, that had piles of lightweight prts but still weighed 530 ish.
this year i built a 700 cc 2 stroke pump gas turbo. funnist sled ive ridden since my teenage years on my 75hp phaser.

G
Nov 30, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
looked at the new cats up in west today. Look good. After looking I don't have a concern on the front ends. A arms are easily replaceable as I like bending a arms on every sled I owned. Top mounting points on the chassis for the top arms look easily replaceable and if you hit a tree or rock I think the arms will bend or break before doing any chassis damage. Spindles aren't going to hamper carving IMOP
Front bumper mounting points are super cheesy.... Hope something changes on the production sleds.

I'm sure the 1100t's are going to be great sleds with great aftermarket HP increases but lifting the front of the sled brought back memories of an APEX I had.

800 is good to go and what I'm getting.

Premium Features