• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NO DEMO RIDES!!

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Just heard from a delaer that Cat said no sleds for demos this spring. That has to be the dumbest move Cat has ever made. No way will I buy a new sled without ever getting some time on it.

I really hope that this isn't true. Please someone correct me and tell me when and where they are going to be.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Unfortunately this is true. They had a number of media, cat reps and 'special' people ride them all last week. They will be at yellowstone this weekend and traveling to all the other shows, but NO demo rides. From all the incredible reports I got from those that rode them last week, it's very disappointing not to get these out to the consumer.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
Lets start a poll on how many sled sales Cat just lost because they aren't giving demos. The biggest blunder in Cats history!! Are you listening Cat?

The group I ride with would have bought 4. 2 of those will now be on Polaris's. I will ride my 1000 for another year or two.

Last edited:
R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
I AGREE WITH CATWOMAN SNOWEST HAS BEEN RIDING THEM READ UP ON SOME OF THE INFO FOURTHMEAL IS POSTING I AM NOT A SUCKER IF I BUY A M11T JUST NOT DEALING WITH TWO STROKES ANY MORE BESIDES I LIKE A WORKOUT LORD KNOWS I NEED ONE HELLO!:wave:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
To get a feel of the new Cats, just ride and XP....but only give it half throttle. :face-icon-small-ton

Sorry....couldn't help myself. :face-icon-small-win

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
I would love to know of regular consumers that are getting to ride them. Please tell me when and where and I will travel 500 miles to get some time on one. Of course all the magazines have ridden them. I just really dont care what Snowest or anybody that is being paid advertising dollars says. I like reading and hearing what they have to say but when I buy something I rather make my own decision based on knowledge not hope that I will like the sled.

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I wasn't talking about SW magazine people getting to ride. I've just been watching the Treadmill, and I've seen posts from people I know, and some I don't...that are getting to ride. I never really paid that close of attention...except I know one friend locally said he'd be posting pics and his thoughts (I never went to the threads, just saw them on Treadmill).

It's been rather *interesting* to sit back and watch the Treadmill the past few days. :face-icon-small-sho :face-icon-small-win

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
To get a feel of the new Cats, just ride and XP....but only give it half throttle. :face-icon-small-ton

Sorry....couldn't help myself. :face-icon-small-win

That's because if you ride an XP full throttle you will blow a belt or drop a crank so whoever's borrowed sled you are on doesnt want you to do that...

K
Nov 27, 2007
2012 cat

CPA i agree with you,trusting a magazine that gets paid tens of thousands of dollars to advertise thier product is not a way to get an unbiased opinion,so not giving demo rides is a Mistake,also not giving a Weight for a new sled is another Mistake.These two Mistakes will stop me from from snochecking a 2012 arctic cat at this time,and i am probably not alone.

J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net
Has arctic cat ever posted the weights of any of their sleds ever anywhere? Just like their dyno numbers, they come from somewhere else. No one would trust them anyway, but having them come from an independent source removes the liability in case yours has less power or weighs more than they say it should.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I wasn't talking about SW magazine people getting to ride. I've just been watching the Treadmill, and I've seen posts from people I know, and some I don't...that are getting to ride. I never really paid that close of attention...except I know one friend locally said he'd be posting pics and his thoughts (I never went to the threads, just saw them on Treadmill).

It's been rather *interesting* to sit back and watch the Treadmill the past few days. :face-icon-small-sho :face-icon-small-win

There's a big difference between industry people, and their buddies, or someone who knows someone... and REAL ACTUAL demo rides.

Yeah, some of us know people that can likely get us on one, but that's not the point here.

I WILL be buying a sled next year, it will be new, it WILL get a turbo before it hits the snow. I WILL NOT be buying a sled I can't ride first.

E
Nov 28, 2007
WESTERN SLOPE
Like I said "Arctic Cat drops the ball" There is a reason we are not going to get to test ride the new HeftyCats. Then the dealers will never sell all the sleds that are being forced upon them. Who honestly is going to buy a sled, that is harder to toss around than its predecessor. Arctic Cat has really let us loyal riders DOWN! Any cat fan that looks at what they have given us will look again and wonder why we took a step in the wrong direction. Sorry CAT but this is gonna hurt YOU!

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
And this is precisely why I've not posted anything about the new Cats (tried to be helpful here, but that didn't work).

Doesn't seem to matter what some say...it gets taken and twisted into something else.

Carry on....

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Funny what assumptions you're making (and for god sake, the same line over & over gets old. "drops the ball"... get over it) are kinda silly.

You say hefty cats, like you KNOW the exact weights, you say how they'll handle... where did you ride one & why haven't you given us all a ride report?

The incessant yapping on here the last few days is unreal...

There's such a big difference between intelligent discussion about what you like & don't like... and about 50% of the posts on here right now.

Oh, and yeah... not doing demo rides.... dropping the ball for sure:face-icon-small-ton

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
Like I said "Arctic Cat drops the ball" There is a reason we are not going to get to test ride the new HeftyCats. Then the dealers will never sell all the sleds that are being forced upon them. Who honestly is going to buy a sled, that is harder to toss around than its predecessor. Arctic Cat has really let us loyal riders DOWN! Any cat fan that looks at what they have given us will look again and wonder why we took a step in the wrong direction. Sorry CAT but this is gonna hurt YOU!

:wave:
I'm buying I have rode every chassis since a 1977 EL TIGRÈ 440LC

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
And this is precisely why I've not posted anything about the new Cats (tried to be helpful here, but that didn't work).

Doesn't seem to matter what some say...it gets taken and twisted into something else.

Carry on....

I'm not seeing the twisting you mention.

Yes, some people have gotten to ride them.

What is it you know about them making a point of doing demo rides, or SPECIFICALLY letting the public get their hands on them that we don't?

There's just no comparison between a few people riding them & doing demos. I'm not going to take the word of some media person, or a friend of a friend. Some people think the XP handles great... do I just go get one? NO, because I've ridden them & I know better. (or I should say, they don't at all work for me)

Last edited:
D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
Has arctic cat ever posted the weights of any of their sleds ever anywhere? Just like their dyno numbers, they come from somewhere else. No one would trust them anyway, but having them come from an independent source removes the liability in case yours has less power or weighs more than they say it should.

Yes, my 09 had a posted dry weight when I snowchecked from cat and when it arrived I also received the actual crated weight. Dry was 462 witout the the cat boss seat and the crated weight was 473 without the cat boss seat. I am talking about an 09 M8 snowpro 162 As for the demo rides, in 05 the demo rides helped me decide to wait and the demo ride in 08 helped me buy. I was hoping for demo rides this year, could have been persuaded if it handled better then my lightly modded 09. It looks like the weight difference has not changed in 4 + years though.

Premium Features