• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb sleds - What do y'all think?

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I am 99.9% sold on the 50th Anniversary turbo 162"

Looks to be a sweet package and only about $1,200-$1,500 more than the two strokes.

Finally, someone has put together a factory 4-stroke turbo package and kept the weight reasonable.

I can't wait to get on this thing

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN

Looks to be a sweet package and only about $1,200-$1,500 more than the two strokes.

Finally, someone has put together a factory 4-stroke turbo package and kept the weight reasonable.

I think they look sweet and am also excited about the factory 4 stroke turbo. at 177hp it is 30 hp more than the apex at sea level and an easy 70 hp more at 10000 ft and Alot lighter. Should be somewhat comparable to the nytro with an mcx turbo, since that is altitude compensated as well. And alot of happy guys with that sled. The problem with the nytro is that it is about 50 hp short.

Another thing that really gets me is that I would be buying something made here in the USA, I know that maybe some of the parts are made else where But still gotta have pride in a US built product.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I think they look good in general. I wish there where a little more 2 stroke options but maybe they will be back in a year or two.

The only thing that looks a little iffy to me is the A-arms look alot weaker then the previous models. I sure hope that they hold up to at least some mild impacts.

Cant wait to give them some punishment and get some real info.

B
Nov 26, 2007
meh.... the only one that has my attention is the 800... I don't want the extra weight of the 4s... I've read ~550ish dry weight a few places on the web for the 11T... not exactly my glass of scotch (if those weight estimates are true)... should put it well north of 600 ready to ride... ack!!!

hearing the m8 will come in very close to what the '11 did (450-460ish), I'm good with that...

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
flatlanders like them

Okay, we've been busting to tell you about the new Arctic Cat sleds for almost a month now and today the embargo is lifted and we can spill the beans.

We've ridden this sled rather extensively at two different sites (Minnesota & Montana) and our praise for the new chassis has been doubly confirmed. This is a breakthrough snowmobile.

The new F-series Cats are much lighter, more compact snowmobiles than Cat has produced since the days of the Firecat and the new sleds' hallmarks are twofold: Excellent ergonomics and most importantly, handling.

Frankly, there hasn't been a Cat that handles like this one since the days of the old sit-down ZR chassis and AC moves to the top of the handling heap in one fell swoop with this widely spaced double A-arm design.

This sled's neutral handling manners are better than any competitor and its knife-like ability to carve corners makes it a total blast to ride. This element has been sadly missing on Cats the past few years and now the fun-factor is back in spades!

The other big deal is the way the new 4-stroke Cat works. This is the first 4-stroke we've ridden that doesn't feel anything like a 4-stroke! Honest.

We can't believe how there's simply no handling compromise with last year's Z1 even-firing parallel twin under the hood. This is pure magic and finally, after almost ten years of 4-stroke sleds, somebody has finally managed to get it right.

More tomorrow...

You'll be able to get a full detailed ride report on all the new Cats when you grab the Online Edition of Supertrax (Vol 22 #5) on Zinio.com this Friday. Don't miss it!

http://www.supertraxmag.com/article.asp?nid=1948&rez=763&reload=true

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
I really, really hope that the Proclimb isn't a great trail sled. If it's great on the trail it will be terrible in the trees.

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I just watched this proclimb video and have a couple of thoughts.

http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/technology/proclimb/

Is it just me or do the riders seem to be hucking themselves off the sides of these machines to make them hold a sidehill. To me it looks like it takes a lot of body english to make them turn. I hope I am wrong here but to me it doesn't look like they carve super easy.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Okay, we've been busting to tell you about the new Arctic Cat sleds for almost a month now and today the embargo is lifted and we can spill the beans.

We've ridden this sled rather extensively at two different sites (Minnesota & Montana) and our praise for the new chassis has been doubly confirmed. This is a breakthrough snowmobile.

The new F-series Cats are much lighter, more compact snowmobiles than Cat has produced since the days of the Firecat and the new sleds' hallmarks are twofold: Excellent ergonomics and most importantly, handling.

Frankly, there hasn't been a Cat that handles like this one since the days of the old sit-down ZR chassis and AC moves to the top of the handling heap in one fell swoop with this widely spaced double A-arm design.

This sled's neutral handling manners are better than any competitor and its knife-like ability to carve corners makes it a total blast to ride. This element has been sadly missing on Cats the past few years and now the fun-factor is back in spades!

The other big deal is the way the new 4-stroke Cat works. This is the first 4-stroke we've ridden that doesn't feel anything like a 4-stroke! Honest.

We can't believe how there's simply no handling compromise with last year's Z1 even-firing parallel twin under the hood. This is pure magic and finally, after almost ten years of 4-stroke sleds, somebody has finally managed to get it right.

More tomorrow...

You'll be able to get a full detailed ride report on all the new Cats when you grab the Online Edition of Supertrax (Vol 22 #5) on Zinio.com this Friday. Don't miss it!

http://www.supertraxmag.com/article.asp?nid=1948&rez=763&reload=true

Not to be rude, but I think they VERY much misunderstand what most of us on here are looking for in a sled.

We could CARE LESS about how it handles on the trail. (from my standpoint, I VERY specifically don't want a good trail sled, I make my sleds tippy, and nasty on the trail... just the way a mountain sled should be imo.)

What they just said is about the worst thing that most of us would want to hear unfortunately. (since the chassis is all the same now)

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
Not to be rude, but I think they VERY much misunderstand what most of us on here are looking for in a sled.

We could CARE LESS about how it handles on the trail. (from my standpoint, I VERY specifically don't want a good trail sled, I make my sleds tippy, and nasty on the trail... just the way a mountain sled should be imo.)

What they just said is about the worst thing that most of us would want to hear unfortunately. (since the chassis is all the same now)

I was just posting an article that came up on my facebook page. Don't flame the messenger. Sorry its not what you want to hear but it was the only thing for a ride report that I heard so I shared it.

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
I just watched this proclimb video and have a couple of thoughts.

http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/technology/proclimb/

Is it just me or do the riders seem to be hucking themselves off the sides of these machines to make them hold a sidehill. To me it looks like it takes a lot of body english to make them turn. I hope I am wrong here but to me it doesn't look like they carve super easy.

I was thinking the same thing.

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca

I agree, they look good, the price isn't outrageous for what you get.

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
I want to wait to here feedback from guys on here who will actually get a chance to demo them before i pull the pin on one, i do like the new look though.

J
Dec 1, 2007
wyoming
cant wait to try one out i am really thinking the turbo is not 2 out of reach the price difference would be made up in the 40 bucks in oil every 2 rides. plus once again dont need a monkey machine to be the king of the hill leave it stock and let the miles roll by

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I want to wait to here feedback from guys on here who will actually get a chance to demo them before i pull the pin on one, i do like the new look though.

Riding them Saturday, and Sunday...will post pics and thoughts...

Premium Features