• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quit Whining

M
May 19, 2009
cle elum WA
For all of you people saying "I'm going pro" can you please open your eyes?:face-icon-small-con

Arctic Cat has developed a very strong all around market share for their snowmobiles. they have created a very broad lineup with this new chassis. They are using the most innovative materials such as carbon fiber and titanium and they are developing 4 stroke technology.

Why haven't they posted weights? chances are because the sled hasn't gone into PRODUCTION yet. I'm pretty sure Arctic Cat would be making a mistake posting PROTOTYPE weights of the new chassis. They still have some refinement to do to the chassis so if they posted prototype weights, people would be jumping ship real fast.

Some other people are concerned about Arctic Cat offering a 4 stroke mountain sled. Take a look at Yamaha. While they don't offer a turbo mountain sled (Arctic Cat does) many people buy Yamaha because of the fact that a 4 stroke has a different kind of power than a 2 stroke and because of the reliability. Also a 4 stroke with 180 horse at ANY elevation wont feel that heavy when your riding it

Now I'm a ski-doo guy. I've never bled green and chances are I'll never be able to afford a brand new cat. I am just observing the obvious. This year Arctic cat has a very broad and kick a** line-up.

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Plus the four stroke has been out and been turboed for a few years now so the motor is proven

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Your reading to much into this...considering that half the people on here are nuts...

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
yeah I agree with most everything you said except that a sled weighing 600+ pounds full of fuel with 180 hp feels to me like a pig. imho I figure around 2.2 pound per hp works really well. but I have been riding light sleds for some time:wave:

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Agreed, looks like I got what I wanted: same or better 800 HO, new front end, new steering post, better gauge placement, better venting and powerclaw.

Just wished they would have moved the hand warmer controls so they will stay on!!

Not sure why everyone is hating 'cuz they haven't listed the weights??

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
OK LETS DO MATH 160HP-30% IS = TO 160-48= 112HP SO YOU HAVE A 600CC POWERED SLED AT 600ISH WEIGHT 460ISH
THAT IS 4.1 LBS PER HP!

OK LETS SAY THE M11T IS 177HP FLAT OUT THEN YOU EST. AT 550+/-lbs

SO THATS 55O/177HP=3.1 LBS PER HP!

SO FROM MY 30 YEARS RIDING WEIGHT IS A FACTOR BUT SO IS BALANCE! AND LOW LOW END GRUNT FROM A 4S WILL BE A BOONDOCKERS DREAM IF BALANCE AND WEIGHT ARE RIGHT AND FROM THE LOOKS OF THINGS WITH THE STEERING SUPPORTS WAY BACK ON THE TUNNEL YOUR LOOKING AT BALANCE WITH SIDE HILLING AND TREE RIDING SURE IT MAY TAKE ALITTLE GETTING USED TO BUT IT WILL BE EASY TO CONTROL!:nod:

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
OK LETS DO MATH 160HP-30% IS = TO 160-48= 112HP SO YOU HAVE A 600CC POWERED SLED AT 600ISH WEIGHT 460ISH
THAT IS 4.1 LBS PER HP!

OK LETS SAY THE M11T IS 177HP FLAT OUT THEN YOU EST. AT 550+/-lbs

SO THATS 55O/177HP=3.1 LBS PER HP!

SO FROM MY 30 YEARS RIDING WEIGHT IS A FACTOR BUT SO IS BALANCE! AND LOW LOW END GRUNT FROM A 4S WILL BE A BOONDOCKERS DREAM IF BALANCE AND WEIGHT ARE RIGHT AND FROM THE LOOKS OF THINGS WITH THE STEERING SUPPORTS WAY BACK ON THE TUNNEL YOUR LOOKING AT BALANCE WITH SIDE HILLING AND TREE RIDING SURE IT MAY TAKE ALITTLE GETTING USED TO BUT IT WILL BE EASY TO CONTROL!:nod:

you sure do like CAPS!

that m1100 turbo does look sick ill say that. I do want to ride one like i've said before I make my decision on a PRO or cat.

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
For all you weight whiners on here... LOSE SOME WEIGHT... go on a diet! There's half your problem. Sorry for venting but geesaz. It kills me how some riders are all about sled weight but not their own weight. You would be amazed how easier it is to manuever your sled when your in shape and not carrying around that extra cheeseburger and fries in your love handles. :scared:

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
For all you weight whiners on here... LOSE SOME WEIGHT... go on a diet! There's half your problem. Sorry for venting but geesaz. It kills me how some riders are all about sled weight but not their own weight. You would be amazed how easier it is to manuever your sled when your in shape and not carrying around that extra cheeseburger and fries in your love handles. :scared:[/QUOTE

I NEED TO LOOSE 45LBS. THAT IS DEFFINATLY BEEN A PROBLEM FOR ME THE LAST 1 1/2YRS I FELT ALOT BETTER AT 200!:flypig:

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I'm 6' and weigh 175. I don't need to lose weight. 100 lbs is 100 lbs. That is what the 1100 is over the 800. I will ride one and then judge it but that is extra weight I don't want when in the trees.

R
Mar 2, 2008
Kindred, ND
I am also from the polairs side of the forums and I think that most of the people who are whining are not going to buy a new sled regardless of brand. If and ONLY if you are going to get a new sled (any brand) you should have an opinion that is worth posting.i guess I am just sick of reading worthless posts like "i don't like the color or its ugly or i heard from a friends friends cousin that this isn't going to work type of posts. If your not in the market for a sled but your in the market for pot stirring keep your opinions to your self it will only help keep the forums quality and for information like it is meant for.

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
WELL Kitty Cat SAID I CAN BUY THE M11T AS LONG AS I GET IT WITH THE SEAT WARMER FOR HER WTH! SO I GUESS I AM BUYING HER A NEW SLED!:nod: AH HELL SHE IS WORTH IT JUST ASK MY FRIENDS!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
For all you weight whiners on here... LOSE SOME WEIGHT... go on a diet! There's half your problem. Sorry for venting but geesaz. It kills me how some riders are all about sled weight but not their own weight. You would be amazed how easier it is to manuever your sled when your in shape and not carrying around that extra cheeseburger and fries in your love handles. :scared:

As you get lighter, the ratio of your weight to the sled weight gets lower.

As your weight drops, you have less control over the sled unless the sled weight drops.

Take a 100 lb girl, give her a heavy sled & a light sled, you'll see the difference QUICK.

SLED WEIGHT MATTERS.

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
As you get lighter, the ratio of your weight to the sled weight gets lower.

As your weight drops, you have less control over the sled unless the sled weight drops.

Take a 100 lb girl, give her a heavy sled & a light sled, you'll see the difference QUICK.

SLED WEIGHT MATTERS.
Not knocking the ladies but a 100lb Man can maneuver a sled easier than 100lb lady :wave:

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I think that power to wieght is important to a certain point. I would rather ride a 460lbs sled with 150hp rather than a 600lbs sled with 200hp or even 250hp. JM2C

M
May 19, 2009
cle elum WA
You guys all make good points but just like any other sled, there are always ways to make them lighter.

you can take weight off with suspension, exhaust, chassis, extra parts, etc. etc.Once the after market chimes in and makes parts for these things you can probably shave off as much weight as any other sled.

Yeah its gonna cost money, but if thats your only complaint on these bad boys than they're making a dam good sled.:face-icon-small-coo

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
hp

I think that power to wieght is important to a certain point. I would rather ride a 460lbs sled with 150hp rather than a 600lbs sled with 200hp or even 250hp. JM2C

Most sleds at 200-250hp are boosted and make virtually the same hp at 8,000ft as they do at sea level where the 150hp is rated at. I'll tale 200hp at 8,000' over 105hp any day. Now if your offering 200-250 at 8,000' and 460lbs thats a different story. I've had the big hp, heavy sled and lighter is better but not without some jam to push it around.

Premium Features