• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA Tracker 2 - Free Update

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
E
Dec 27, 2010
Hi guys, Einar here from Avalanche Safety Solutions.

We just got some news from BCA that I think a lot of you would be interested in.
I will repost it on here verbatim:

Important: Free Tracker2 Version 4 Software Update

BCA is offering a free update to our version 4 software. This update prevents the Tracker2 from entering reprogramming mode if there is an interruption to the power supply. Along with the new software, you will also receive a new front with anti-static material and stiffer action on the return-to-transmit tab.

This update is available to both retailers and consumers. For fastest results, it is best for the customer to work directly with BCA. We will pay for all shipping costs.

To determine if you need this upgrade, disconnect and reconnect one battery while the unit is off. After displaying "t2," the unit will display the software revision number. If it displays "R01," "R02," or "R03," then you should upgrade to R04.

Instructions:
1. Contact BCA at 1-800-670-8735, ext. 0 or info@backcountryaccess.com.
2. We will provide you with a return authorization (RA) number and e-mail you a UPS call tag for free shipping.
3. Please write the RA number on the outside of the box.
4. Ship the unit(s) to BCA at:
2820 Wilderness Place, Unit H​
Boulder, CO 80301.​

Once we receive the shipment, we can turn it around in one day. Thanks for your support!

R
Jan 25, 2009
For those of you in Canada, contact the same number but we only have to send them to Winlaw, BC. Great to deal with and fast turn around times, I even got a set of new batteries and as requested they sent me a bunch of stickers.

Premium Features