• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ecu issue on phazer 07

M
Feb 7, 2011
I am having cold start problems, initially the engine starts then after a 10 second idle the rpm slows down until the engine dies.To start again i have to play with the throttle ,basically opening it all up until it sputters and then laying of the throttle until i find a fast idle that i need to sustain with playing with the throttle. Once the red light goes off i have to start riding for the engine will otherwise die. Then when the engine has warmed up i have a low idle,about 1400 rpm,. The performance isn't effected. I checked out what the fault codes say,although none come up on the screen,code 50 would mean the ecu isn't able to keep it's memory while this isn't reported on the screen. That is a conundrum to me and i am wanting to know if it is possible to reset the ecu via a computer and how to go about that. A new ecu cost around $650.00 and i rather not go that route.Am i even looking in the right direction?

S

Scott1

Oct 7, 2009
Black Hills S.D.
HAs the ground update been done? I had a no start morning a few weeks ago, I guess 750 miles of boost on the original plugs was too much, have you pulled the plugs?

M
Feb 7, 2011
That's the next step, i am replacing the spark plugs, the mechanic at the local dealer told me to adjust the remote idle screw,which i just did ,with the screw out all the way ,i am still only on a erratic 1500 rpm.

S
Jan 25, 2011
Your warmed up idles should be around 1700 1800 rpm had one in our group that did the same thing had to mess with the gas when it was warm to start it. idle was at 1350. turned it up to specks and it fires right up now when warm

Premium Features