• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Limiter Strap for 2moto?

M

more snow

Jan 8, 2008
Nampa, ID
Anyone ever tried installing some type of a limiter strap on their 2moto kit?

The front end tends to push down and plow quite a bit when the power is being applied (I believe this is inherent to the design). A limiter strap might help to maintain some form of approach angle at the front of the track (which is quite essential for powder riding). I am going to put one on somehow and see if it makes any improvement. Anyone else have any experience with this?

I lost the adjuster on the secoundary shock and used a ratchet strap to pull the front of the track up just to get home once. Youcould probably try an adjustable strut in place of the secoundary shock to get more track angle.

S
Dec 17, 2007
I built a skid plate looking thing and slopes down to the front of the track with 2 gas shocks in it so under bumps it will still move up, im hoping in powder it will help keep the track on top of the snow instead of digging, havent tried it yet well see if it helps!

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
ttt

I built a skid plate looking thing and slopes down to the front of the track with 2 gas shocks in it so under bumps it will still move up, im hoping in powder it will help keep the track on top of the snow instead of digging, havent tried it yet well see if it helps!

I had that same idea for the explore kit i think it will help for sure.

S
Dec 17, 2007
here ya go, as you can see it folds up quit a bit, tried it out this weekend but the snow was pretty hard, im thinking it might actually be better if its just mounted solid with no pivot. I think theres still enough clearence that it shouldnt bottom on the ground even if the front of the track is at its max.

P2040103.jpg P2040104.jpg

S
Dec 17, 2007
thats what i wanted to do but the way the 2moto suspension works it would be hitting the lower frame on the bike with every bump, and if i put in a gap so it didnt hit then it would just become a shovel in powder so thats the best i came up with, but open to try other ideas!

S
Dec 17, 2007
more snow - did you have any luck on your limiter strap set up?

My skid plate didnt work so well, ran it out here in iowa a couple times on hard pack and it got pretty well bent up so i didnt even get a chance to try it out west.
I think an adjustable/ solid strut might be the ticket as suggested in place of the secondary shock to keep the attack angle up in soft snow. I wouldnt really thing it would hurt the ride to bad as youll still have the whole rear travel of the shock.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Coated aircraft cable, on a small locking cam- mounted to the cross brace closest to the engine case is the only thing I've found that lasts, and is quick adjust when going from trail to powder.

Definitely makes a difference.

The real solution lies in the level link slot. (the silver holes those 2 rubber rollers ride in)
Total open length in the slot controls the distance of stroke at the front of the track. Closing in the slot from each end limits the down or upstroke at the front of the track.

Less open length on the upper end of the slot raises the lower (droop) limit of the front of the track. Opposite is true for the lower side of the slot.

I have a set of 'powder slots' on the turbo husaberg. Made a big difference in keeping the bike from looping out in a climb, and staying on top in the powder.
Yes, I lost a little droop travel, but once you understand the relationship between the front and rear track suspension movements on a 2Moto, it (IMHO) makes it use more rear axle travel.

I think someone should build and sell an adjustable slot. Am I wishing for too much?

S
Dec 17, 2007
can you post some picks?

yeah an adjustable set up would be nice, flip a lever or something for trail, once you get to the powder flip it again.

Premium Features