• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Build Turbo/Big Bore..

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Here are some pictures of my build. Powdercoated every possible thing I could orange, and to save money any black parts are POR15 Blackcote.
As it sits it is a fresh rebuild, top to bottom with racinstations 800 kit using stock M8 pistons.
I have an aero53 I was going to put on it, but I am wanting a little more boost so it is for sale right now.
I have boss seat, diamond S hood, homemade vents everywhere, new bushings etc. Cut up stock cooler and another cooler I bought to make a flat u-cooler. Vented the front of the tunnel and going to be adding abs and petscreen..
DSCN1650.jpg

DSCN1651.jpg

DSCN1681.jpg

DSCN1676.jpg

DSCN1675.jpg

Last edited:
C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
ttt

Motor is all bolted up, still hooking up coolant lines and electrical.
2009 skid, with BDX lightweight arms, cats rail stiffeners to aid in keeping the rails from bending, bdx anit stab, 2 wheel and soon will have slidekicks ice scratchers with carbide tips.
DSCN1680.jpg

DSCN1682.jpg

DSCN1661.jpg

DSCN1660.jpg

DSCN1684.jpg

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
"M7 Build Turbo/ Big bore"

Got it rideable to break it in, and then I found a deal on some turbo stuff, so now time to tear it back down, well not as much this time. :lol:
I have less then 100 miles on this thing, and I just want more.... so the list is
2876 garrett turbo and everything to go with. I am building a turbo setup from a lot of parts found here on the forum. I will update as I go on, but today I started figuring out what I need to do to get the airbox in...
DSCN1828.jpg

Boondocker airbox that I am going to modify, the design is not that great. Will have to make a new charge tube etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
Looks Great!

What are your plans with the electrical/fueling? Are you keeping the injectors in the airbox or moving them into the TB. Looking forward to pics!!

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
ttt

I am rounding up part right now, it definately would have been easier to buy a kit, but I will save money in the long run. Pure logic box wont turn secondarys on until after 9psi so I will keep them in the airbox. Shouldnt have a problem with those. Fueling, I am doing a external pump, deleteing the in tank pump. I have someone helping me with the electrical, but it should be like this...
Bridge rectifier coming off the headlight/accesory plug, this should have enough juice for the fuel pump. My old fuel pump circuit will run gauges etc. I think this is similar as to how twisted does theres. I will know more later on. I dont have much progress right now other then ordering all the odds and ends. Ill update as I go.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
LOOKS GREAT
This is the 2nd orange & black combo color that I've seen in the member build after mine this past fall. guidoexpress has other one.
Got to love the color combo. Is yours a duller finish or shiny out in the sun??

You will like the turbo when its done.....
thanks mike

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Somewhat shiny but there is no glare or gloss. You can see in the pics when it was fresh it was shinier, as time goes on it will be more af a flat finish. I cant remember the orange color name, but it is textured. Guidoexpress- his sled was the one that made me do it, I thought it would be to much orange since I did the tunnel and rails all together, but once everything is bolted on, you cant tell. I will have updates by sunday night, I have the day off so I will get more done.

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
I'm doing a near identical build "no bling edition" this summer. I also have found most of my parts in the swap meet etc similar bd airbox and PL box...

That is similar to how twisted runs the electrical you just have to be careful with the grounding when rectifying. I'll Pm you about an even better electrical setup.

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
I'm doing a near identical build "no bling edition" this summer. I also have found most of my parts in the swap meet etc similar bd airbox and PL box...

That is similar to how twisted runs the electrical you just have to be careful with the grounding when rectifying. I'll Pm you about an even better electrical setup.

MAKE SURE TO TAKE LOTS OF PIC'S AND POST IT IN HERE.....:face-icon-small-ton

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Very Nice!.....the only thing it needs is a big huge monster speedo on the handlebars.....LOL

Keep us posted!

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
I think I am going to cut up my dash a bit. I am thinking of running a plate that will be held by the 2 steering post support bolts, up and angle out over my diamond s hood. That way the hood stays removable, and I still have room on my handlebars. I will add pics as soon as I can. I am making progress but all the odds and ends is killing me. Spend a couple hours driving to get stuff and then a hour to work on it. Hope this thing works out....

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
pics

Had to cut up the M8 oil tank, its a little different then the M7 mounting points.
DSCN1842_01.jpg

DSCN1841.jpg

DSCN1843.jpg

Trim bulkhead to fit airbox.
DSCN1834.jpg

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Plumbing. Yellow oil hoses are for fuel and oil primers. Thanks to Tonysnoo for the idea. Pretty simple and effective. I ran oil hoses through the bulkhead with grommets. Just thought it was more secure/ cleaner. The sled will never be stock so I dont mind cutting it up.
Bottom of motor.
DSCN1886.jpg

Primers splicing into oil lines.
DSCN1885.jpg

Below airbox/ also this shows my plate that gets boltes on with the reed cages. This will secure my airbox to the motor. It will have a bolt on the bottom, that goes to the rod sticking out, and then a piece of all thread on the top hole with 2 nylok nuts. I think this should work out good.
DSCN1875.jpg

DSCN1879.jpg

Fuel regulator
DSCN1876.jpg

Fuel Pump below coolant bottle.
DSCN1878.jpg

Hoses running out to the turbos location.
DSCN1880.jpg

DSCN1884.jpg

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Tight fit with turbo and internal wastegate actuator. I had to make my own mounting bracket for the actuator so that I can clock my turbo. Compressor housing is about touching the side panel, actuator hits bulkhead were the wire harness runs, and compressor housing outle hit my diamond s hood if it is clocked pointin up.
DSCN1852.jpg

DSCN1859.jpg

DSCN1853.jpg

Coolant hose is tight also, need an M8 bottle.
DSCN1854.jpg

DSCN1855.jpg

DSCN1856.jpg

Bulkhead fitting in tank. External fuel pump so i had to plug both holes, so I am useing the lower as the return and the upper as pickup. Any reason why this wouldnt work. The return should not matter if it is submersed?
DSCN1850.jpg

Thats all for now, I will update more. I need to do wiring as well for the bridge rectifier, wire up my oil pressure idiot light, plumb my fuel lines. Once I get my bracket for the actuator, then I will know were to clock the turbo and tighten everything up. Exhaust is a whole nother headache. Chargetube, I bought a universal kit from siliconeintakes.com and Look like it is going to fit well. Should only have boots at the compressor housing and one at the airbox. Then need to weld the BOV on and run all boost lines. Gauges, pure logic box AEM a/f gauges, digatron, etc. Lots to do, but want to ride/ tune it this weekend. I better get busy. Snow is actually coming down finally in washington.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Exhaust done

Some pics of the exhaust, using stock donuts and made my own clamping system similar to OVS. I hope like hell my welds and everything hold together and dont leak.
DSCN1918.jpg

DSCN1916.jpg

DSCN1915.jpg

DSCN1914.jpg

DSCN1920.jpg

Also here is my fuel regulator done. The one hose going to the main injectors is bent real tight, we will see if it is a problem though.
DSCN1919.jpg

Started my charge tube, should have it done tomorrow night with BOV installed.
DSCN1917.jpg

Coming along, cant wait to ride. Hope everything goes good, praying for no boost leaks.

Premium Features